Image Courtesy of Lycoming Sports Information
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Just a day more than two weeks into the 2018-19 season, the Lycoming College women's basketball team will get into its MAC Commonwealth campaign in earnest, hosting Albright in Lamade Gym on Wednesday night, Nov. 28, in the first of six straight conference contests before Christmas.
The Warriors have opened the season with a 3-2 record. Three members of the team are averaging in double-figures, led by sophomore forward Erica Lutz, who is averaging 17.6 points per game. Juniors Morgan Mader (12.0) and Kayla Kline (11.2) also add at least 10.0 points per game.
The Lions enter MAC Commonwealth play with a 3-3 record after beating Rowan, 66-61, in its last outing.
• Lycoming leads the MAC Commonwealth in field goal percentage defense (.352), assist-turnover ratio (1.34), blocked shots (5.0) and assists (18.0).
• Sophomore Erica Lutz was named the MAC Commonwealth Player of the Week after averaging 19.5 points and 13.0 rebounds against Penn College and Susquehanna.
• Lutz became just the seventh Warrior in the last decade to grab 15 rebounds in a game against Susquehanna.
• Junior Kayla Kline needs 19 more points to become the 45th player in school history to post 500 in a career.
• With 129 career steals, junior Akilah McFadden is four thefts shy of reaching the top 15 in program history.
• Junior Morgan Mader needs to hit one more 3-pointer to become the 11th player in school history to knock down 75 in a career.
• Senior Becca Painter is 14 points away from reaching 300 in her career.