Image courtesy of John Green
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Coming off a tough loss to rival Susquehanna University, the Lycoming College men's basketball team will get back on the court with another rivalry showdown, heading crosstown to Penn College on Monday, Nov. 26, at 6 p.m. for a matchup in Bardo Gymnasium.
The Warriors (3-1 overall) dropped an 80-68 decision at Susquehanna on Tuesday, Nov. 20. Lycoming was led by sophomore D'Yante Doughty, who had a career-high 32 points while shooting 10-of-14 from the field. Senior Darius James was two rebounds shy of a double-double, finishing with 13 points and eight rebounds.
The Wildcats (0-4 overall) fell to Moravian, 8964, in its last outing on Nov. 17 . Penn College is led by Williamsport native Ben Sosa, who is leading the team with 17.8 points per game and he is second with 6.8 rebounds a contest.
• The Warriors are 12-0 all-time against current North East Athletic Conference opponents.
• With his 32 points against Susquehanna, Sophomore D'Yante Doughty became the first Warrior to post 30 points in a game since David Johnson had 31 against Stevenson on Feb. 2017. It was just the sixth 30-point game for the Warriors in the last 10 seasons.
• Senior Darius James is the lone player in the MAC Commonwealth averaging a doubledouble, sitting 10th with 15.5 points and first with 11.0 rebounds per game.
• With his fifth of eight rebounds at Susquehanna, James reached 250 in his career.
• Three Warriors are in the top five in the MAC Commonwealth in steals - freshman Markanthony Fidelis(first, 3.0), sophomore Darius Dangerfield (second, 2.5) and James (fifth, 2.0). • Senior Calvin Chandler is four 3-point field goals made away from 50 in his career.
Athletic Communications Assistant
700 College Place
Williamsport, PA 17701