Six-time champion Roger Federer produced another miraculous comeback to save seven match points against unseeded American Tennys Sandgren, winning the match 6-3, 2-6, 2-6, 7-6(8), 6-3 to reach the Australian Open semifinals on Tuesday. The 38-year-old Swiss superstar was on the verge of defeat in the fourth set but defied age and logic once again in a sensational marathon quarter-final match that lasted three and a half hours. Sandgren, ranked 100 in men's tennis, displayed the best performance of his career in Melbourne in what appeared to be the lowest ranked player reaching the tournament's quarter-finals since 1991. Sandgren pounded big serves and dominated from the back of the court against an increasingly error-prone Federer in the second and third sets. At 5-4 in the fourth set, Sandgren forced three match points on the Federer serve but could not break him an all three. Winner of 20 Grand Slam titles, Federer will play defending champion Novak Djokovic next for a place in the final. The Serb beat Canadian 32nd seed Milos Raonic in straight sets (6-4, 6-3, 7-6) to reach the last four. In the women's section, World No. 1 Ash Barty became the first Australian woman to reach the Australian Open semifinal in 36 years as she defeated No. 7 seed Petra Kvitova 7-6(6), 6-2. It was a sweet revenge for Barty, who lost to Kvitova in the quarter final last year in Melbourne Park. Barty will face American prodigy Sofia Kenin in the semifinals. 21-year-old Kenin stormed into the first Grand Slam semifinal of her career, defeating Tunisia's Ons Jabeur 6-4, 6-4. Jabeur, 25, had already made history by becoming the first Arab woman to make a Grand Slam fourth round and quarterfinal at the Australian Open.
- Jersey Shore man accused of child rape
- Cops: We watched man buy 53 bags of heroin
- This Revolutionary War-era log home has been hiding in plain sight in Washingtonville
- Williamsport Bureau of Police welcomes new Cadet
- Alleged marijuana dealer arrested in Hughesville
- PA passes purple paint law for no tresspassing
- Motorist charged with open lewdness in Cogan House Township
- $20,000 worth of narcotics seized by Williamsport police
- Airport: Poor ticket sales decrease flights, highlight larger issue in Williamsport
- Man charged for allegedly busting into apartment and hitting child
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.