ANNVILLE, Pa. – The Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) President's Council met on Thursday to discuss athletics for the fall of 2020 and has made the following statement:
The Big Ten Conference announced Thursday that if the Conference is able to participate in fall sports (men’s and women’s cross country, field hockey, football, men’s and women’s soccer, and women’s volleyball) based on medical advice, it will move to Conference-only schedules in those sports.
The Ivy League on Wednesday delivered the news it would suspend fall sports, making it the first Division I conference to say it will not play sports in the upcoming season.
LANCASTER, Pa. – The Centennial Conference Presidents Council has made the difficult decision to suspend any intercollegiate competition for sports scheduled for the fall semester, which for Susquehanna University only affects the football team and its 2020 season.
James Franklin, head football coach at Pennsylvania State University, earned $4.8 million in 2018, making Franklin the highest-paid public employee in Pennsylvania last year, according to a ranking by the website GOBankingRates.
Isaiah Humphries, former Penn State football player, filed a federal lawsuit on Tuesday naming defensive tackle Damion Barber the ringleader in alleged serious hazing and head coach James Franklin for ignoring his complaint and even retaliating against Humphries.
Williamsport native Petty Officer 3rd Class Noah Young is serving as an air traffic controller aboard USS Boxer.
- The search is on for the Totally Ninja Raccoons!
- Search for the Totally Ninja Raccoons is underway
- Victims identified from Friday night’s shooting in Selinsgrove
- Child abuse video recorded in Williamsport circulated widely online: PSP
- Shooting victim had PFA against suspect; identity of suspect released
- Shooting fatalities reported at Monroe Marketplace in Selinsgrove
- Human remains recovered from Susquehanna River in Clinton County
- Man broke into woman's camper in Lycoming County and raped her: PSP
- Williamsport sex offender sentenced to 36-year minimum prison term
- Unemployment compensation benefits extended 13 weeks
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
In the not-too-distant past, the Penn State/Pitt game was one of the biggest on the Nittany Lions’ schedule. It was circled on the calendar. It was must-see TV. But when they square off tomorrow at noon, not only will it be the 100th meeting between the two schools, it may also be their last…
For the first time, PennDOT is offering a 511PA page dedicated to travel information for every Penn State home football game, beginning with this Saturday’s game against the Idaho Vandals.