LEWISBURG -- Residents can save money and stay warm this winter with free weatherization services by SEDA-Council of Governments (SEDA-COG).
This service is available to income-qualifying homeowners and renters in Columbia, Juniata, Mifflin, Montour, Perry, Snyder, and Union counties.
Weatherization services include energy education, diagnostics and solutions, emergency furnace repair or replacement, and Cold Weather Crisis intervention.
To get the whole picture, SEDA-COG staff reviews the home heating bills, energy leaks, and heat distribution system.
Specifically, services can include:
- Insulation, sealing air leaks
- Heat system repairs and insulation, water pipe insulation
- Refrigerator/freezer and hot water heater replacements
- Energy-efficient lighting, faucet aerators, smart strips
- Thermostats, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, ventilation fans
- Indoor air quality tests, corrective action
Income qualifications range from $23,540 for a family of one to $81,780 for a family of eight. (Add $8,320 for each additional family member.) Residents also must live in the home year-round to qualify.
Since the inception of SEDA-COG’s Weatherization program in 1976, over 37,000 homes have been weatherized. SEDA-COG makes homes more affordable, comfortable, and energy efficient with staff and technology expertise.
For more information, call SEDA-COG at 1-800-332-6701 and ask for the Weatherization program.