On Monday, January 6, 2020, between 7:30 a.m. until approximately 1 p.m. a “super-load” will be traveling from the Montgomery area to the PPL substation in South Williamsport. The load will be hauled by a specialized tractor-trailer at a maximum speed of 5 mph. The route of travel is as follows:
- Saegers Station Road to Brouse Road, Clinton Twp.
- Brouse Road to Route 54 West, Clinton Twp.
- Route 54 West to U.S. Route 15 North, Clinton Twp.
- U.S. Route 15 North to the center turn lane in front of the Red Roof Inn, South Williamsport. The load is expected to arrive in this area between 12 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Southbound traffic on U.S. Route 15 South (area of McDonald’s) to S. Market St. will then be shut down for approximately 15 – 20 minutes
- The load will the move northbound in the southbound lanes of U.S. Route 15 to S. Market St.
- S. Market Street to W. Mountain Avenue, South Williamsport
- W. Mountain Avenue to the Maynard Street PPL substation, South Williamsport
Please consider alternate routes during the noted times.
Northbound traffic will continue on U.S. Route 15 but may be delayed.
Southbound traffic will be delayed and stopped when the load arrives in the area of the Red Roof Inn. Traffic, especially commercial vehicles, should avoid this area and utilize I-180 East to continue southbound for U.S. Route 15. Traffic on U.S. Route 15 will continue as normal after the load clears the intersection of S. Market Street and W. Mountain Avenue.
PennDOT has issued the proper permit for the load. The 511 website and app should have the same information as above. Local media outlets will be notified.