Harrisburg, PA – The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) has lifted temporary restrictions on sections of Interstate 81, 84, 280 and State Route 33.
Due to the winter storm impacting the region, the commonwealth enacted Level 1 and Level 2 of the commonwealth’s draft travel restriction framework, which ban all double trailers (regardless of whether they are equipped with chains), empty trailers, non-commercial vehicles pulling trailers, recreational vehicles and motorcycles on interstates where restrictions are in place.
The restrictions have been lifted from the following:
- State Route 33 from Interstate 80 to US 22.
- Interstate 81 north of the junction with Interstate 80 to the New York border.
- Interstates 84 and 380 in northeast Pennsylvania.
Level 1 and Level 2 restrictions are still in place on these interstates:
- Interstate 78 Eastbound from State Route 33 to the New Jersey border.
- Interstate 80 Eastbound from State Route 33 to the New Jersey border.
Current restrictions are shown on the attached map.
As conditions warrant, speed limits will be restricted to 45 mph and commercial vehicles must move to the right lane. Additional speed restrictions on other interstates could be added depending on changing conditions.