Blessings to you in this new year! Is it really possible that we have started another new year? People always say, “the older you get, the quicker time seems to fly.” I can attest to that! However, I have talked lately with many people who are much younger than I am, and they also agree that time is going by very fast for them as well. You see, it is not just us baby boomers!
Beloved, as this new season and time are here for 2019, what are you anticipating for your life this year? Perhaps you have already set personal or work goals. You may have made vows to exercise more, take up a new hobby, travel, visit people more often and so on.
It is always good to plan, and it can feel great when those plans materialize. However, sometimes our plans may fall short, and our expectations may not become reality. This can happen to the best of us. But there is no reason to be disappointed or anxious when events turn out differently than expected.
I believe that when we align ourselves with the Lord and His plans for our lives in every area, we can expect that He always knows what is best and brings about His perfect plan. I have found that even when my plans seem to fall short, I can still be a great sense of peace knowing that God certainly cares and wants to have a part in all of my planning. His word reminds us to “roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed (Proverbs 16:3 Amplified Bible).
Beloved, this verse is a reminder that all of our cares, thoughts, and plans will be handled by God’s grace and His will in our daily lives if we will commit them to Him. Yes, there may be many plans you desire to fulfill for 2019, and your list can seem endless, but remember that God has His purposes for all of our daily planning and desires that we take the time to include Him in it all. As we continue to inquire of Him and turn over our daily plans, we can realize all the more that in the end our expectations are from Him.
I am so glad that He watches over His word to perform it in our lives one step at a time. Be encouraged that God’s plans are the best always. He loves you and desires to carry out those wonderful plans with purpose. You can expect great things from your King in 2019!
-The Rev. Danesta Whaley, Northeast Regional Director, Yokefellowship Prison Ministry
- Student missing from Penn College has family, friends concerned
- Pennsylvania College of Technology: missing student has been found safe
- Lewisburg woman charged for leaving infant in vehicle
- City man gets jail time for Family Dollar theft
- Student takes stand against school officials targeting female students over dress code
- Incident shuts down Lycoming Creek Road in Williamsport, ends tragically
- Cops: Woman stole $10,219.05 from Montoursville High School
- PennDOT: Winter Weather Advisory issued for Central Pennsylvania
- Muncy Grizzly warehouse bought by Milton warehousing firm for $6 million
- Woman seriously injured in rollover accident in Northumberland County
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.