LEWISBURG, Pa. -- Residents can make their homes more energy efficient with free weatherization services by SEDA-Council of Governments (SEDA-COG).
This service is available to income-qualifying homeowners and renters in Columbia, Juniata, Mifflin, Montour, Perry, Snyder and Union counties.
Weatherization services include energy education, diagnostics and solutions, furnace repair or replacement, and Cold Weather Crisis intervention.
To get the whole picture, SEDA-COG staff reviews the home heating bills, energy leaks, and heat distribution system.
Specifically, services can include:
- Insulation, sealing air leaks
- Heat system repairs and insulation, water pipe insulation
- Appliance efficiency testing
- Energy-efficient lighting, faucet aerators, smart strips
- Thermostats, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, ventilation fans
- Indoor air quality tests, corrective action
Income qualifications range from $24,980 for a family of one to $86,860 for a family of eight. (Add $8,840 for each additional family member.) Residents also must live in the home year-round to qualify.
Since 2008, over 8,600 homes have been weatherized. SEDA-COG makes homes more affordable, comfortable, and energy efficient with staff and technology expertise.
For more information, call SEDA-COG at 1-800-332-6701 and ask for the Weatherization program.