Elysburg, Pa. – Knoebels Amusement Resort will welcome its first guests of the season Wednesday, July 1. Officials say the park team has prepared as much of the park as possible despite delays in projects and hiring.
“We’re excited to welcome guests back even sooner in July than we anticipated,” said Brian Knoebel, fourth generation owner. “It was important to the Knoebel family and the Knoebels team to be able to preserve as much of summer as possible for our guests.”
The first few weeks of operation will provide guests with fun, food and fantasy, from noon until 8 p.m. The initial operating days will offer the opportunity to pay-per-ride with individual ride tickets only.
“At this point, we expect to open with 30+ rides and the majority of our food stands, games and gift shops,” said Stacy Ososkie, Knoebels spokesperson. “If possible, we’ll open additional rides as the season goes on, depending on project completion and additional hiring.”
Crystal Cove Pool is expected to open in mid July, according to Ososkie.
Unlike a typical off-season, team members were also tasked with operational adjustments due to COVID-19 such as, but not limited to:
- Placing more than 150 hand sanitizing stations throughout the park
- Enhancing already rigorous cleaning and sanitizing routines
- Providing additional team member training
- Updating policies and procedures for team members and guests
- Producing signage with important health and safety reminders
- Installing sneeze guards at food stands, gift shops, guest services and handstamp
- Managing capacity via parking lot management, if necessary
Additional details are expected to be released Monday at www.knoebels.com.
Knoebels is currently accepting applications at www.knoebels.com/jobs.