Schools and organizations dedicated to ending hunger are offering free pickup meals for children across Northcentral Pa.
Most districts are offering food to anyone 18 and under, no questions asked about residency or any other issue.
Child Hunger Outreach Partnership is hosting pop-up food pantries in the Northern Tier, along with distributing more than 18,000 packed bags of food to school districts last week.
Upcoming pop-up pantries in the Northern Tier are scheduled by Child Hunger Outreach Partnership. Follow on Facebook for further updates.
Athens Area School District
Bagged food for 3-4 days of meals was delivered to the following locations at the following times last Monday. Check the district Facebook page for confirmation of this route and other updates.
- Hornbrook Park, 1:30 p.m.
- McCloes Community Park, 1:30 p.m.
- Gateway Apartments,1:45 p.m.
- Ridgebury Fire Dept., 2:00 p.m.
- Ulster Fire Hall, 2:00 p.m.
- Rowe, Kmart Plaza, Valley Playland, 2:30 p.m.
Canton Area School District
Grab-and-go lunches at the following locations from 4:30 to 6 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Leroy Ballfield Parking lot
- Canton Pool
- Ogdensburg Church Parking lot, 13065 State Route 414 in Roaring Branch
- Ralston Fire Dept. parking lot, 10970 Rt. 14 in Ralston
East Lycoming School District
Meal distribution started on March 30.
Meals will be distributed on Mondays and Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the High School parking lot and the Renn Elementary parking lot.
During Monday’s food distribution, each student will receive two lunch and two breakfast meals. On Wednesday, students will receive three lunch and three breakfast meals.
Jersey Shore Area School District
Meals available from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at following locations. Student must be present to receive lunch.
- Avis Elementary
- Jersey Shore Area Elementary
- Salladasburg Elementary
Lewisburg Area School District
Meals are available for pickup at the following locations from 11:30 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Kelly Elementary School – Parent drop off/pick up loop outside in the large parking lot
- Eichhorn Middle School – Bus loop in front of the school
- Downtown at the Former Lewisburg Area High School – School Bus stop under the side awning
- 11:35 – 11:45 Timberhaven distribution at mailboxes
- 11:50 – 12:00 Shelly Circle distribution
- 12:10 – 12:20 W. Milton Underpass Distribution
- 11:35 – 11:45 Penn Commons distribution at the community building on N. 11th St.
- 11:50 – 12:00 North Ward (Agency on Aging) Distribution at the N. 2nd St parking lot
- 12:10 – 12:20 Essex Place Distribution
- 12:30 – 12:40 Winfield Baptist Church Distribution in the parking lot
Loyalsock Township School District
Drive Thru or Curbside Pick Up Meal Service in Front of Loyalsock Township High School, 1801 Loyalsock Drive.
Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. until school is back in session.
Keystone Central School District
Free meals are scheduled the entire week of March 23-27, available from 11 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. All meals are grab and go. Breakfast and lunch is offered.
Pickups are available at the following locations:
- Central Mountain Middle School: front entrance by cafeteria.
- Renovo Elementary: front entrance
- Robb Elementary: front entrance
- Sugar Valley Fire Company: main parking area
- Liberty Curtin Elementary: front entrance
- Woodward Elementary: front entrance
Montgomery Area School District
Bagged lunches will be available this week Monday, Wednesday, Friday at these locations from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Children must be present to receive meals.
- Montgomery Area School District rear parking lot
- First Baptist Church, Route 44, Allenwood
Montoursville Area School District
See Loyalsock Township School District details - Montoursville families can also pick up from Loyalsock.
Muncy School District
Grab and go breakfasts and lunches available for anyone 18 and under.
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on weekdays.
Ward L. Myers Elementary School
Northeast Bradford School District
Meal pickups along bus routes:
- Leraysville-Warren Center Route:
- C.C. Allis at 10:10 a.m.
- Dille Parish at 10:30 a.m.
- Warren Center Community Hall at 10:50 a.m.
- NE Ballfield at 11:10 a.m.
- American Modern Homes at 10:10 a.m.
- North Rome Christian School at 10:30 a.m.
- Rome Dandy market at 10:50 a.m.
- Rome Head Start at 11:05 a.m.
- North Orwell Community at 11:20 a.m.
- Windham Community Hall at 11:35 a.m.
Northern Tioga School District
Lunches available 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, week of March 23 at the following locations.
- Westfield Elementary, 1355 Rt. 49 in Westfield
- Cowanesque Valley H.S., 51 N. Fork Rd.Westfield
- Knoxville Community Center, 301 E. Main St., Knoxville
- Valley Christian Center, 146 Maple St., Westfield
- Clark Wood Elementary, 110A Ellison Rd., Elkland
- United Church of Nelson, 79 Village Dr., Nelson
- Osceola Fire Hall, 7654 Rt. 49, Osceola
- RB Walter/Williamson, 33 Junction Cross Rd., Tioga
- Calvary UM Church, 6 Franklin St., Lawrenceville
- Tioga Borough Pool, Broad St., Tioga
- Millerton UM Church, 5443 Main St., Millerton
Sayre Area School District
Grab and go drive-through available starting at 11:30 a.m. at:
Sayre High School cafeteria
Litchfield bus stops
Distribution will also occur at the following locations and times:
11:30 a.m. at Bradford & N. Elmer, 11:32 a.m. at Bradford and N. Lehigh; 11:34 a.m. at Hoover and Draper; 11:35 a.m. at Spring & Draper; 11:36 a.m. at spring & Croft Lumber;; 11:39 a.m. at Cayuta and Plain; 11:40 a.m. at Cayuta Playground; 11:42 a.m. at Cayuta and Bensley - Legion; 11:43 a.m. at Bensley and Sunset; 11:44 a.m. at Bensley & Blackman; 11:45 a.m. at Bensley & Robb; 11:47 a.m. at Shepard & Robb; 11:48 a.m. at Shepard & Blackman; 11:49 a.m. at Shepard & Fordham; 11:50 a.m. at Shepard & Sunset; 11:51 a.m. at Shepard & Harris; 11:52 a.m. at Shepard & Cayuta; 11:55 a.m. at Playground, E. Side; 11:57 a.m. at S. Higgins & E. Packer.
Selinsgrove Area School District
Grab and go lunches available at middle school from 11 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. on weekdays, for anyone 18 and under.
Shikellamy School District
Pickup times are 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Americus Parking Lot
- High School Parking Lot
- Ice Skating Rink Parking Lot
- Middle School Parking Lot
- Priestley Elementary Parking Lot
One lunch and one breakfast for the next morning can be picked up for school district students only.
Southern Tioga School District
Bagged breakfast and lunch pickup from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Warren L. Miller Elementary (Mansfield)
- Blossburg Elementary
- Liberty Elementary
Towanda Area School District
Bagged breakfasts and lunches on bus routes as deliveries.
Parents must come to the bus stop to pick up meals and they will be brought 2 hours past the regular bus pickup time (ie, instead of 7 a.m. it will be 9 a.m.)
Pickups Monday, Wednesday, Friday week of March 23
Grab and go available at Towanda Elementary from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, Friday week of March 23
CHOP will provide bagged foods on weekends.
Warrior Run Area School District
Bagged food available through drive-through at Watsontown Elementary, weekdays 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Food for all children 18 and under present in the vehicle.
Williamsport Area School District
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. bagged lunch distribution. All kids 18 & under served.
Curtin Intermediate School, 85 Eldred St.
- Distribution location: Doors 9 and 10 on the east side of the building (enter on Mulberry Street and exit onto Eldred Street.
Lycoming Valley Intermediate School, 1825 Hays Lane
- Distribution location: Along the front of the building
Stevens Primary School, 1150 Louisa St.
- Update: Distribution location: Drive-up and walk-up will take place along the front of the building on Louisa Street.
Williamsport Area Middle School, 2800 West Fourth St.
- Distribution location: Front entrance/parent drop-off loop
Wyalusing Area School District
Backpacks of food will be distributed at the following times and locations on Fridays, available to all children in the school district:
For Wyalusing/Stevensville, Camptown, Herrickville:
9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at Helping Hands Food Pantry
8 a.m. - 8 p.m. at Sheldon Funeral Home
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. at New Albany Borough Hall
If you know of a school or other organization offering free food for children that we haven't listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
More food resources are available through the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank.
Call 717-547-6336 or use their "Find Food" page online, which you can find by clicking here.