WILLLIAMSPORT -- Community Arts Center is thrilled to announce that the 2019 Student Summer Stock production will be Disney’s Newsies. Student Summer Stock at the CAC in collaboration with Lycoming College’s Theater and Music departments, is committed to providing a high-quality, positive, and rewarding experience to all participating students. Each summer a production is picked and auditions are held for students in grade 7th through 12th.
Auditions will be held at 6 p.m. April 29 and 30, 2019 at Community Arts Center, 242 W. Fourth Street. Students auditioning need to only attend one of the two sessions and must be from Lycoming or one of the contiguous counties. If cast as a principle character, you must be available to attend all evening rehearsal dates to which you are called.
The program’s mission is to offer an opportunity for students to create alongside working professional theater-makers so they can bring new passion and skills back to their community and educational programs. The community looks forward to this production every summer and it has become a true testament to the quality and quantity of available talent in the Greater Williamsport area. The Student Summer Stock at the CAC presents a student-centric show with professional production values to a large and enthusiastic audience in the beautiful Community Arts Center.
What to bring to the audition:
· Auditionees will be allotted a three-minute slot to audition. You have the choice to prepare one character driven song from a musical, or two 16 bar pieces from character-driven songs that highlight their talents. An accompanist will be provided. Recorded music is allowed. No A Cappella songs, please.
· Come dressed to move. A short dance sequence will be taught at the beginning of each evening.
· Rehearsals will begin June 3, 2019 and occur every weeknight until opening on July 25. Come prepared to share any known summer vacations or other obligations that may conflict with the rehearsal process. While we might be able to accommodate some conflicts, they will be taken into consideration when casting.
· Our production of Newsies will be as inclusive as possible. Except for the roles that are defined by their gender (like Jack and Katherine), or for whom race is specifically defined (Medda Larkin), any role is available for any actor. We expect this to be a diverse show, with many opportunities for actors/singers/dancers regardless of race or gender identity.
· This year’s Student Summer Stock will be directed by Dr. C. Austin (Chris) Hill, with Music Direction by Tim Latsha, and Choreography by Allison Hill. Orchestra conducted by Dr. William Ciabattari.
For additional information, please contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.