In May of 1929, Earhart made an unplanned stop at the Amnity Airfield in Hughesville Pa. She rested at the home of Mrs. Haas and had lunch before continuing on to Cleveland to fly the inaugural mail route from Cleveland to Detroit. Then in July of 1929 she returned to the area for the grand opening of the Williamsport Airport, in Montoursville.* In September of that same year, a storm forced her to land at the Aero Clubs Flying Field on the Island in Sunbury Pa. She and her mother had lunch at the City Hotel before continuing on their way to Missouri.
- Man trapped in Broadway Hotel inferno rescued by firefighters
- Centre County man sentenced for allegedly embezzling more than $800,000
- Kmart in Williamsport closes its doors after 43 years
- Police close Lycoming Creek Road for developing situation
- Gerber looking for its 2020 "Spokesbaby" in 10th anniversary Photo Search
- Cops: We watched man buy 53 bags of heroin
- American Airlines Changes Williamsport Regional Air Service from Philadelphia to Charlotte, NC Hub
- Online video of Jersey Shore students chanting racial slur under District investigation
- Explosion burns Catawissa fish feed mill
- Boil advisory for Loyalsock Township
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.