Williamsport – The Lycoming County Commissioners’ key action item Thursday morning was lowering the county’s required general fund balance from $15 million to $8 million, allowing them to invest $7 million and bring in roughly $1.4 million in revenue. They also voted on new personnel and a number of items related to the county landfill.
Roxanne Grieco – Approve Personnel Action Report: PASS 3-0
- DPS / EMA – Craig D Konkle – Reclassification – Emergency Management Specialist – Paygrade 9 – Salary of $51,015.51. Effective 12/15/19.
- Prison – Tiffany Bartholomew – Full time replacement – Correctional Officer Female Relief M/F – Paygrade COI-$16.81/hour. Effective 12/16/19
- Prison – Devin Bailey – Full time replacement – Correctional Officer Relief – Paygrade C01 – $16.81/hour. Effective 12/16/19
Approve Agreement with Columbia County for Inmate Housing. PASS 3-0
- Out-of-county inmate housing on an as-needed basis at $70 per day per inmate.
Approve Retail Advertising Agreement with the Williamsport Sun Gazette. PASS 3-0
- A bulk purchase of $3,000 inches of space.
Approve Contracts Under $10,000 for the Month of November. PASS 3-0
- Contracts approved by the director of administration for November and all were under $10,000. There were eight this month.
Fourth Amendment to the Agreement with Citizens & Northern Bank for Primary Deposit Bank Services. PASS 3-0
- The county is lowering the required balance of its general fund reserves from $15 million to $8 million in an effort to invest the remaining $7 million. The additional investments is estimated to provide the county with an additional $1.4 million.
Citizens & Northern Bank Wealth Management Fee Agreement for Account Numbers 4820, 4084, 3616. PASS 3-0
- Three accounts for the county Trust. This is an effort to reduce interest fees for field closures at the county landfill
Citizens & Northern Investment Policy Statement (Schedule B) for Account Numbers 4820, 4084 and 3616. PASS 3-0
- Policies to investing funds in preparation for the closure of the landfill. When it does close the county is required to manage the fields for 30 years and must have funds available to do that.
Landfill fees for recycling services to local municipalities PASS 3-0
- Approve Addendum to Drop Off Recycling Service Agreement with the Borough of Freeburg. PAss 3-0
- Approve Addendum to Drop Off Recycling Service Agreement with the Borough of Milton. PASS 3-0
- Approve Addendum to Drop Off Recycling Service Agreement with the Township of Monroe. PASS 3-0
- Approve Addendum to Drop Off Recycling Service Agreement with the Borough of Selinsgrove. PASS 3-0
- Approve Addendum to Drop Off Recycling Service Agreement with Union County. PASS 3-0
Approve Purchase of Rain Flap for Field 12 in the amount of $96,962. PASS 3-0
- A change order for construction of Field 12. Due to weather, the county is purchasing a rain flap to control the amount of stormwater that enters the landfill.
Approve Amendment Number One to Agreement with CH Reed.
- A contractor to service air compressor equipment. On an as-needed basis, with a 3% increase.