This Potato Soup was my Dad’s favorite. Growing up in a large family through the Great Depression, he learned to love simple foods. Even in his later years, he still requested them.
Many of us here in the Coal Region well remember our grandparents or parents sitting down to enjoy a food from their childhood that we, as children, thought was terribly unappealing and shied away from.
In the Coal Region, and in some other regions in the U.S., a green bell pepper is referred to as a “mango.“ I grew up in Schuylkill County hearing this term, not realizing that there was a fruit that bore the same moniker until I was well past childhood. Now, I understand that the real mango…
My husband was born and raised right outside Boston, Massachusetts and grew up in New England. He had heard of pork and sauerkraut but was not all that familiar with the dish.
- Union says Lewistown removed clerk from work illegally
- Obese bear in Union County club moving next week; Alec Baldwin pleaded with Gov. Wolf for freedom
- Storm to unload 'most substantial wintry precipitation of the season' on Northeast
- Weekend winter storm could mark major pattern change in Northeast
- Williamsport Area School District Statement on Myrtle Beach Incident
- Hughesville landowners hosting leaking well say Range Resources didn't cause contamination
- State Police: Throwing knives at sister leads to aggravated assault charge
- Suspected marijuana dealer arrested in Muncy Borough
- I-80 WB Closed in Columbia and Montour Counties Due to a Multi-Vehicle Crash
- Williamsport's First United Methodist Church offers a refuge from the cold
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.