It’s that time of year again-- Christmas music in every store, Santa Claus around every corner, and the weather matching the fury of the holiday spirit.
The holidays can be a stressful time, especially financially, for many families. But as the old saying goes by Edna Ferber, “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” Rather than let the stress of the season weigh you down, allow the feeling of Christmas to lift you up by attending a community organized event this year. Many of the events are little-to-no cost and provide attendees with unforgettable moments of joy.
Throughout the region, numerous Christmas events bring people together and provide that warm feeling of kindness, peace, and tranquility that we call the “feeling of Christmas.” As the Williamsport Symphony Orchestra emphasizes in their Holiday concert announcement, “The holiday season is a perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek out ways to make life better for those around us.”
The Williamsport Symphony Orchestra’s Holiday concert details are listed below, along with many other holiday events around the area.
Towanda Hometown Christmas, Dec. 6-7, 5 p.m. Events to be held on Main St. in Towanda.
- Come see the streets as they are transformed into a winter wonderland of events, games, vendors, and fun activities for the whole family!
Stocking Stuffer: A Magical Holiday Market, Dec. 6, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Centre County Historical Society, 1001 E. College Ave., State College
Annual Winter Craft Market, Dec. 7, 9 a.m.-6 p.m., The Penn Stater Hotel & Conference Center, 215 Innovation Blvd., State College
Bellefonte Victorian Christmas, Dec. 13-14, Bellefonte
Travel back in time and enjoy the ultimate Victorian Christmas in Bellefonte with holiday classics like Dickens, caroling, arts & crafts, food, tours and much more. The Annual Bellefonte Victorian Christmas is Friday, Dec. 13 and Saturday, Dec. 14. The traditional Opening Ceremony returns to the Centre County Courthouse, Friday evening.
Festival of Trees, Dec. 13, 4-7 p.m., Central PA Institute, 540 N. Harrison Rd., Bellefonte
Run Rudolph Run 5k, Dec. 14, 9-11 a.m., Penn State University, State College
15th Anniversary Santa Crawl, Dec. 14-15, Cafe 210 West, 210 W. College Ave., State College
Christmas Eve Service, Dec. 24, 5-6 p.m., Freedom Life, 113 Sunset Acres, Bellefonte
Christmas Eve at the Barn, Dec. 24, 4-5 p.m., Access Church, 656 Brandywine Dr., State College
Haven Holidays, Dec. 1-15, Downtown, Lock Haven
- Downtown Lock Haven shopping, annual Lock Haven Christmas Parade up Main St. at 6 p.m. The Parade ushers Santa into town followed by the annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony at Triangle Park, where Santa sets up shop to visit with children in his Hut. Hosted by Downtown Lock Haven, Inc. (570)748-1576 / lockhaven.org
- Santa Hut Hours for December 2019: Dec. 6, 5-8 p.m., Dec. 7, 12-4 p.m., Dec. 13, 5-8 p.m., Dec. 14, 12-4 p.m., Dec. 20, 5-8 p.m., Dec. 21, 12-4 p.m.
Christmas Bingo, Dec. 8, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., DuBoistown Fire Co., 119 Woodward Ave., Lock Haven
Berwick Winter Fest, Dec. 6, 5-8 p.m., N. Market St., Berwick
Benton Winter Fest, Dec. 7, 10 a.m.- 3 p.m., Benton
Candy Cane Lane, Nov. 28, 2019- Jan. 1, 2020, 5-10 p.m., 200 Block of Summer St., DuBoistown
Festival of Lights, Dec. 6, 5-8 p.m., Brandon Park, Williamsport
Montgomery Christmas Parade- Dec. 7, 1 p.m., Rt. 54 from Weis Markets to Ellis Parkway, Montgomery
Annual Sally Short's Holiday in the Park Event, Dec. 7, 5:30-7 p.m., James Short Park, 2131 Northway Rd., Williamsport
Annual Montoursville Holiday Craft Show, Dec. 7, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., 50 Arch St., Montoursville
Santa Clause comes to Little League, Dec. 8, 12-3 p.m., World of Little League Museum, 525 15, South Williamsport
It's a Wonderful Life, Dec. 6-15, Community Theatre League, 100 W. 3rd St., Williamsport. Shows Dec. 6-7, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 8, 2 p.m., Dec. 12-14, 7:30 p.m., Dec., 15, 2 p.m.
Christmas Traditions, Dec. 9, 6 p.m., James V. Brown Library; Lowry Room, 19 E. 4th St., Williamsport
Catch the Spirit Weekend, Dec. 13-15, Williamsport
- Christmas Downtown, Dec. 13, 5-8 p.m., Come to downtown Williamsport and enjoy live music, holiday wares by local artists and artisans, a holiday window decorating competition, gingerbread house making, and more holiday fun!
- Holiday Market, Dec. 14, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Pajama Factory, 307 Park Ave., Williamsport
- Williamsport Symphony Orchestra Holiday Concert, Dec. 14, 7:30-9:30 p.m., The Community Arts Center, 220 W. 4th St., Williamsport
- Annual Skip Hunsinger Christmas Spectacular, Dec. 15, 2 p.m., The Community Arts Center, 220 W. 4th St., Williamsport
Candy Cane Lane, Dec. 15, 12-2 p.m., Kellen Moore's State Farm, 607 Pine St., Williamsport
WAHS Annual Holiday Concert, Dec. 15, 2:15 p.m., WAHS Auditorium, 2990 W. 4th St., Williamsport
Williamsport City Jazz Orchestra in Holiday Jazz, Dec. 20, 7:30 p.m., Community Theatre League, 100 W. 3rd St., Williamsport
Annual Blues Bash, Dec. 30, 6 p.m. (doors open at 5 p.m.), Pajama Factory, 307 Park Ave., Williamsport
Santa in the Shay, Dec. 14, 12-3 p.m., PA Lumber Museum, 5660 Rt. 6, Galeton
- Take a portrait with St. Nicholas, make a super simple family-crafted ornament, enjoy cookies, and browse a holiday bazaar of local artisans.
Light Up a Life, Dec. 5, 5:30-6:30 p.m., UPMC Cole’s Irwin Medical Arts Center, 1001 E. Second St., Coudersport
- Every holiday season, a time of joy and celebration, many are reminded of a loved one or family member they would like to honor or remember in a special way. Light Up A Life offers a unique and meaningful way to express your appreciation for those you love and cherish. We invite you to join us for a special tree lighting ceremony.
Christmas in Dushore, Dec. 14, 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Downtown Dushore
- Breakfast with Santa, 8-11 a.m., Pam's Restaurant, 183 E. Main St.
- Cookie walk, 10 a.m., Dushore Fire Department, 212 Julia St.
- Book sale and welcoming of author MJ. McCluskey, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sullivan County Library, 206 Center St.
- Tree Fest and Model Train Exhibit, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Main St.
- Ornament Scavenger Hunt, 12-4 p.m., downtown.
- Holiday Pet Parade, 2:30 p.m., Guthrie parking lot, 102 E. Main St.
- Santa's Pizza Party, 3-5 p.m., Pam's Restaurant, 183 E. Main St.
- Christmas Marketplace, 4-8 p.m., Center St.
- Kiwanis Tree Lighting Ceremony, 5:30 p.m., Main St.
- Caroling by the Dushore Music Club, 5:45 p.m., Main St.
- Parade, 6 p.m.; Path along S. German, Water, Main, and Center streets.
Dickens of a Convert, Dec. 6, 7:30-8:30 p.m. St. Peter Catholic Church, 47 Central Avenue, Wellsboro
A Christmas Carol, Dec. 7, 1:30 p.m., Deane Center for Performing Arts, 104 Main St., Wellsboro
Annual Dickens of a Christmas, Dec. 7, 9 a.m.-4p.m., Wellsboro Area Chamber of Commerce, Wellsboro
Hallelujas Across the Lands, Dec. 7, 7:30-10 p.m., Mansfield University, Mansfield
Penny Eckman, Dec. 11, 7:30-10:30 a.m., Deane Center for the Performing Arts, 104 Main St., Wellsboro
Christmas on Main St., Dec. 13-15, Main St., Wellsboro
A Christmas Carol Sing-a-long, Dec. 13, 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 130 Main St., Wellsboro
Gingerbread Shelter Animal Contest, Dec. 14, 12-4 p.m., Deane Center for the Performing Arts, 104 Main St., Wellsboro
Jane Bunnett & Maqueque, Dec. 14, 7:30-10:30 p.m., Deane Center for the Performing Arts, 104 Main St., Wellsboro
Handel's Messiah: Community Sing, Dec. 15, 2:30 p.m., St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Pearl St., Wellsboro
A Nashville Christmas, Dec. 20, 7:30-10:30 p.m., Deane Center for the Performing Arts, 104 Main St., Wellsboro
Murder at the Justice Joint, Dec. 31, 2019-Jan. 1, 2020, 8 p.m.-1 a.m., Deane Center for the Performing Arts, 104 Main St., Wellsboro
Holiday Arts & Crafts Market, Dec. 7, 10a.m.-4p.m., The Cellars at Brookpark Farm, Lewisburg
Holiday Extravaganza, Dec. 7, 5-6:30p.m., The Public Library for Union County, 255 Reitz Blvd., Lewisburg
"A Christmas Carol," Performance by Gerald Charles Dickens, Dec. 10, 2-7p.m., Country Cupboard, 101 Hafer Rd., Lewisburg
Holiday Train Display, Dec. 13, 9a.m.-3p.m., Susquehanna River Valley Visitors Bureau, 81 Haffer Rd., Lewisburg
Breakfast with Santa, Dec. 14, 8-11a.m., Ard's Farm, 4803 Old Turnpike Rd., Lewisburg
Christkindl Market, Dec. 14, 10a.m.-8p.m., Mifflinburg Christkindl Market, 401 Market St., Mifflinburg
Youth Christmas, Dec. 15, 7-8p.m., Church of Christ in Christian, 199 Newman Rd., Lewisburg
Holiday Open Jam Night, Dec. 28, 5-8p.m., Iron Vines Winery, 322 Raspberry Ave., Sunbury
However you choose to bring the feeling of Christmas joy into your holiday season, we wish you a truly happy and wonderful time of year from all of us at NorthcentralPa.com!
Find all kinds of events (not just for the holidays!) on our community calendar, the most comprehensive community calendar in the region!