WILLIAMSPORT -- Businesses will have the opportunity to gain basic principles they need to do business with local, state, and federal governments in a free workshop conducted by SEDA-Council of Governments’ Procurement Technical Assistance Center staff.
The Selling to the Government: The First Steps workshop will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 23, 2018 at the Williamsport/Lycoming Chamber of Commerce, 102 W. Fourth St., Williamsport in the second floor board room.
- How the government buys goods and services
- Certifications and registrations necessary to sell to local, state and federal governments
- How government agencies advertise their opportunities
- Locating subcontracting opportunities with government “prime” contractors
- Understanding the sales process
Cosponsors are the Innovative Manufacturers’ Center, the Lock Haven University Small Business Development Center, and the Williamsport/Lycoming Chamber of Commerce.
The SEDA-COG Procurement Technical Assistance Center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency.
SEDA-COG’s Procurement Technical Assistance Center helps companies explore and compete in the local, state, and federal government marketplace. For more information about the SEDA-COG Procurement Technical Assistance Center, visit www.seda-cog.org/ptac/.