Senior Citizen Jailed After Resisting Arrest in Muncy
Senior Citizen Jailed After Resisting Arrest in Muncy - A 55-year-old woman was jailed by Montoursville State Police after she trespassed and resisted arrest at a local hospital over the weekend. Trooper Michael Shipman said around 6 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 15, Rita Kulick, no known address, was loitering at Muncy Valley Hospital, Muncy Creek Township. Kulick was told to leave and refused to do so, Shipman said, and while taking Kulick into custody, she refused to cooperate and was placed on the ground. Kulik refused to bring her hands behind her back, and force had to be used, Shipman said. She was place in the Lycoming County prison after failing to post $17,500 bail.
State police also responded to the following emergencies:
- Sept. 14, 6:02 p.m., someone fired a rifle and struck the window of 173 Alexis Drive, Loyalsock Township, with the bullet landing on the living room floor of Martin Vandort. No injuries occured as a result; several suspects in the area were located, Trooper Erik Barlett said.
- Sept. 14, 7:32 p.m., Brittney L. Sweet, 19, of Williamsport, showed up at the residence of 1519 Bloomingrove Road in Loyalsock, creating a hazardous and physically offensive condition by making threatening statement and using obscene language in public with children present. Sweet was ited for disorderly conduct, Trooper Schrawder said.
- Sept. 13, between 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., a vehicle belonging to Ngoc Linh Thi Vo, of Williamsport, was damaged while it was parked in the rear lot of European Nails and Spa, 1933 East 3rd St., Williamsport.
- During the overnight hours of Sept. 10, someone removed a portion of a previously broken front windshielllllld as it was parked at 111 Pinchtown Road, Clinton Township. A blue tarp covering the window was also stolen, Trooper James Doane said.
- Durng the overnight hours of Sept. 6, approximately $50 worth of copper tubing was stolen from a residence on Northway Road, Loyalsock Township. Trooper Troy Hansen said the burglar entered the unoccupied residence through a basement door window that had been previously broken from a similar incident that occurred during the overnight hours of Aug. 30.
- Aug. 30, 7 p.m., Ashley Ann Russo, 25, of 116 Long Road, Cogan Station, allegedly removed $99.51 from the Waterville Tavern whil she was employed there. Russo returned the money on Awpr. 12 to the victim, Deborah Ann Harakel, 59, of Lock Haven, Trooper Ryan Golla said.