- State News
- Gas Industry
Jersey Shore Driver Ejected From Vehicle Crash in Woodward Township
September 7, 2013
Jersey Shore Driver Ejected From Vehicle Crash in Woodward Township - A 24-year-old man sustained injuries following a one-vehicle crash in Woodward early this morning. Trooper Travis Pena said LD Ward was traveling southbound on Route 220 at a high rate of speed shortly after 6 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 7. Ward's vehicle traveled partially off the roadway and lost control in the loose gravel, weaved back on to the road and exited for a second time off the highway, impacting an embankment. The vehicle rolled over, struck a road sign before coming to final rest in a ditch. Ward was ejected from the vehicle when the unit rolled over; he sustained injuries of unknown severity and was transported to Geisinger Medical Center, Pena said.
State police also responded to the following emergencies:
- Vehicle accident, Friday, Sept. 6, 6:11 p.m., I-180 at exit 23 in Loyalsock Township. No injuries among the occupants, including the driver, Jason Douglass, 21, of Williamsport, Nicole Mackalonis, 20, of Frackville, and Kaylene Hilbert, 20, also of Frackville.
- Harassment, Sept. 5, 1 p.m., on Route 44, Washington Township as Robert Joseph Deharder, 66, slammed a vehicle door on a 35-year-old male's chest.
- Vehicle accident, Sept. 4, 5:15 p.m., Route 864 Highway, Upper Fairfield Township, no injuries reported by Marissa Laberdee. Laberdee, 23, of Williamsport, was traveling at an unsafe speed while adjusting the car's stereo controls at the same time negotiating a left curve in the road. The vehicle left the road and impacted an embankment, rolling over onto its roof, Trooper Travis Pena said.
- Disorderly conduct, Sept. 4, 7:15 p.m., as Jerry Stutzman, 44, of Williamsport, threw a work cell phone belonging to Terri Stutzman over his house and into the back yard during an argument., Trooper Michael Shipman said.
- Vehicle accident, Sept. 3, 12 p.m., Radio Shack parking lot, Loyalsock Township, no injuries reported as a vehicle operated by Joanne Oeler, 68, of Williamsport. Oeler illegally parked the vehicle with the motor running, in order to enter the Wine and Spirits store. Oeler failed to place the vehicle in park position as she quickly entered the liquor store. The vehicle traveled in a left half circle motion, gaining speed as it turned and struck another vehice, causing it to be pushed into a light pole.
- Sept. 1-7, someone "keyed" the passenger side door of a vehicle belonging to Scott Snyder, 59, while it was parked at 457 Route 87, Fairfield Township.
- Aug. 25, 2:50 p.m., a vehicle belonging to Frederick C. Childress, 38, of Montoursville was "keyed" while it was parked at the Lycoming Mall, Muncy Township.
- Aug. 2 someone stole or acquired a check from Carl and Opal Schlappi of Muncy, and cashed the check at Jersey Shore State Bank.