- State News
- Gas Industry
Brady Township Drug Bust; Philly Man Jailed
August 28, 2013
Brady Township Drug Bust; Philly Man Jailed - State police charged a Philadelphia man with possession with intent to deliver following a traffic stop on Route 15 early this morning. Trooper Jeremy Hoy said Warren Harding, 28, was stopped for a traffic violation on Route 15 north at Cemetery Hill Road, Brady Township shortly after 2 a.m. Aug. 28. Indicators of criminal activity were observed and consent to search was requested; however, Harding denied consent, Hoy said. A K-9 unit was called to the scene and displayed alert behavior on the vehicle; a search warrant was applied for and granted. A subsequent search revealed 700 bags of heroin, two ounces of bulk heroin and packaging materials. Harding was charged and arraigned by Judge Carn; bail was set at $750,000. Harding was committed to the Lycoming County Prison, Hoy said.
Jersey Shore Man Jailed for Alleged Child Rape - PSP Lamar pressed rape charges against an 18-year-old in Woodward Township, Clinton County. Trooper Kimberly Patterson said between Dec. 1, 2012 and April 1, 2013, Joseph Rankinen, of Jersey Shore, allegedly performed oral sex on a 4-year-old boy and had the child perform oral sex on him. Patterson said Rankinen also allegedly fondled the boy on two occasions. Bail was set at $75,000, Patterson said.
State police also responded to the following emergencies:
- Aug. 26, 8:35 p.m., Tinsman Avenue at its intersection with Sheridan Street, Loyalsock Township, as a 12-year-old female from Williamsport was bicycling with no lights on and failed to obey a stop sign at the intersection. At the same time, a vehicle, operated by Mary Hans, 61, of Williamsport, failed to see the bicyclist while attempting to turn left onto Tinsman Avenue, striking the bicyclist during the turn. The juvenile was knocked to the ground and sustained minor injuries, Trooper David Walker said; she was transported to the Williamsport Hospital for treatment. Hans and her two teen passengers were not injured.
- Aug. 26, 3:18 p.m., Recardo Strothers, 48, of Williamsport, removed a 1 liter bottle of Vladimir Vodka from the Wine and Spirits store, 1903 E. Third St., Loyalsock Township and fled the scene. Strothers was taken into custody a short distance from the store; the liquor was valued at $7.79, Trooper David Walker said.
- Aug. 24, between 1 a.m. and 7:30 a.m., someone entered a vehicle belonging to Leonard F. Leao, 44, of Boston, MA, while it was parked at 145 New Street, Muncy. Jewelry, electronics and coins are stolen, Trooper Gary Beadle said.
- Aug. 23, 8 a.m., a domestic dispute occurred at 235 W. Houston Ave., Montgomery, Clinton Township between a 55-year-old female and a 28-year-old male. Trooper Paul McGee said the male hit the female and grabbed her throat, McGee said.
- Aug. 20, 12:30 a.m., a one-vehicle accident on Carey Hill Road, Upper Fairfield Township, west of Green Hollow Road. Trooper Douglass Hoffman said Corey Case, 27, of Montoursville lost control of the vehicle he was operating and department the road, driving partially in a ditch for approximately 25 yards before striking a utility pole. Case continued in the dutch for approximately 10 more yards before coming to final rest. Case fled the scene and did not contact state police. Case was contacted four hours later at his residence, where he was cited for driving with a DUI suspended/revoked drivers license, driving too fast for conditions, and hit and run, Hoffman said.
- Aug. 17, 5:26 p.m., Lisa Anne Theokary, 48, failed to negotiate a left curve on Route 42, Jordan Township, resulting in a crash. Trooper Troy Hansen said Theokary was placed under arrest for suspicion of DUI and transported to Muncy Valley Hospital for a chemical test of blood. DUI charges were filed upon receipt of official blood alcohol content result, Hansen said.
- July 19, 12 p.m., Theresa Harlan, 49, of 1677 McGill Hollow Road, Linden, discovered a potential Avon scam, prior to cashing a fraudulent check, Trooper Travis Pena said.