- State News
- Gas Industry
Route 118 Accident in Jordan Township Sends Three to Hospital
August 27, 2013
Route 118 Accident in Jordan Township Sends Three to Hospital - Two drivers and one passenger sustained injuries following a three-vehicle accident yesterday afternoon in Lycoming County. PSP Montoursville Trooper Brian Evarts said two vehicles were stopped at construction zone due to lane closure around 4 p.m. Aug. 26 when they were approached from behind by a 2007 Peterbilt truck operated by Dennis Sehic, 29, of St. Louis, MO. Sehic did not stop in the zone and hit the rear end of a vehicle operated by unnamed 39-year-old female and male juvenile passenger in a 2011 Kia Sorrento. That vehicle was pushed forward and struck the back of a vehicle operated by Lydia James, 21, of Hughesville, which rotated clockwise and traveled off the north side of the 11000 block of Route 118. The truck and Sorrento continued to travel west until both unit left the north side of the road; the Sorrento rotated clockwise and struck a telephone pole with the driver side of the vehicle, Evarts said. Sehic was not injured in the crash, while the driver of the second vehicle was transported to Geisinger Medical Center for major injuries. The passenger of in the second vehicle was transported to Geisinger Medical Center for moderate injury and James was transported to Muncy Valley Hospital, Evarts said.
State police also responded to the following emergencies:
- During the overnight hours of Aug. 23, a brown bag containing money was removed from a parked, unlocked vehicle belonging to William Agnone, 67, of 2 Aston Circle, Montoursville.
- During the overnight hours of Aug. 22, money was stolen from a vehicle owned by David Hale, 35, of Williamsport, as it was parked at 1501 Northway Road, Loyalsock Township.
- Durng the overnight hours of Aug. 22, two victims each had a bicycle stolen from the front of their residences in Meadowbroooke Mobile Home Park, 2381 Route 405, Muncy Creek Township.
- During the overnight hours of Aug. 21, someone cut the tire on a vehicle belonging to Rita Bacon, 49, of Montoursville, while the vehicle was parked at 179 Old Cement Road, Fairfield Township.
- Aug. 21, two 13-year-old females from Williamsport stole three assorted shirts and cell phone cases from TJ Maxx, 1734 E. Third St., Williamsport.
- During the overnight hours of Aug. 20, a 56-year-old Williamsport female deposited her garbage in the garbage receptacles at Bruce Henry Park, Loyalsock Township.
- Between Aug. 19-23, someone cut the tires of a PennDot radar trailer and stole two street signs at the intersection of Sylvan Dell and Old Montgomery Pike roads, Armstrong Township.
- Aug. 17, 2:44 a.m., someone obtained the personal information of Angela Miller, 27, of 90 Reese Run Road, Mill Creekk Township, Montoursville, and submitted an application for a home mortgage through Lending Tree.
- During the overnight hours of Aug. 15, a Susquehanna Township employee observed damage to the roof shingles of the township maintenance building; no witnesses were located.
- During the overnight hours of Aug. 14, someone removed a bucket of copper wire that was located outside a Heshbon Street residence, Loyalsock Township.
- Between Aug. 12-23, someone entered a vehicle owned by Jeffrey Bixler, 45, of Linden and stole his wallet.
- Over a 12-day period time, Aug. 4-16, someone stole six tractor weights from Nevin Arthur, 49, of 951 Dugan Road, Franklin Township, Hughesville. Tractor weights fit in the rear tire of a tractor, weight 150 pounds and are used to keep the unit weighed down.
- Between Aug. 6-19, Joshua Dyer, 25, of 1628 Ridge Road, Washington Township, Montgomery, had multiple electronics stolen from his residence.