- State News
- Gas Industry
Numerous Thefts Reported Throughout Lycoming County
August 19, 2013
Numerous Thefts Reported Throughout Lycoming County - Montoursville Pennsylvania State Police report the following thefts which occurred this month throughout the county:
- During the overnight hours of Aug. 17, a black ZTR Warp cellphone with pink case was stolen while Lucinda Campbell was at a friend house on Dutchtown Road, Mill Creek Township, Trooper Martin said.
- During the overnight hours of Aug. 15, a green 26" Genesis men's mountain bike, model V2100, was removed from the rear of 415 Clayton Ave., Loyalsock Township, Trooper Barlett said.
- During the overnight hours of Aug. 11, the unlocked passenger side door of a vehicle owned by Ranae Jolin, 45, of Hughesville. Thirty dollars in cash, $5 in charge, lottery tickets and prescription medication were removed from the vehicle which was parked at 35 Michael Ave. Lot 23, Wolf Township, Hughesville, Trooper Schrawder said.
- Sometime between Aug. 12-15 a bike was stolen from the residence of Melissa Chapman, 29, of 1912 Walters Road, Montoursville, Trooper Kozak said.
- During July 8-31, a male member of a construction crew took items from a house the crew was working on. Daniel Ray Miller, 30, allegedly cashed checks and sol jewelry that was taken from the Loyalsock Township house; Miller subsequently admitted to forgery and theft, Trooper Troy Hansen said. Miller was taken into custody on Aug. 15 on a warrant and arraigned before District Magistrate Jerry Lepley; bail was set at $25,000. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. today.
State police also responded to the following incidents:
- Vehicle accident, Aug. 16, 9 p.m., Kehrer Hill Road in Mill Creek Township. Trooper Johnathan Buynak said the driver, Marissa Clayton, 16, of Hughesville and her two pasengers, Brittany Pappas, 14, of Williamsport, and Jessia James, 14, of Hughesville, sustained minor injuries after the car traveled off the north side of the roadway and over an enbankment, becoming airborn before landing in a field with the front end stuck in a ditch. The occupants were transported to Muncy Valley Hospital for treatment of injuries Buynak said.
- Aug. 15, 7:53 a.m., vehicle accident on Third Street at its intersection with Country Club Drive; injuries sustained by driver Erick Edler, 33, of Cogan Station after he drove over the curb, crashed into a traffic sign and utility pole, Trooper Daniel Kozak said.
- During a surprise audit at Sovereign Bank, 301 Shiffler Ave., Loyalsock, $1,200 was discovered missing between May 1 and June 11. Trooper Michael Shipman said a known suspect is being investigated.