Lewisburg Bicyclist Harassed in Muncy
Lewisburg Bicyclist Harassed in Muncy - Pennsylvania State Police are seeking additional information in which a 38-year-old male was knocked from his bike by a motorist on a busy rural highway. Trooper Brian Evarts said Jeremy Cook was riding his bike in the 2700 block of Route 442, Muncy Creek Township on Aug. 10, shortly after 8:30 a.m. A vehicle drove past Cook, honking the car horn; Cook waved, Evarts said. The motorist then stopped in the middle of the road; Cook tried to go around the vehicle and the motorist exited from the vehicle and pushed Cook off the bike. The suspect then fled the scene east on Route 442, Evarts said. Anyone with information should contact 570.368.5700.
State police also responded to the following incidents:
- During the overnight hours of Aug. 11, cable was removed from the back of a truck owned by Edmund Ruscuk, as it was parked at 2113 Quaker Hill Road, Cogan Sttion, Trooper Daniel Young said.
- Aug. 10, 1:10 a.m., Sol Rodriguez, of Almond St., Williamsport, was cited with alleged public drunkenness on Northway Road, Trooper Scott Maskowski said.
- Aug. 9, 9:25 a.m., two-vehicle accident Route 405/442, Muncy Creek Township, no injuries sustained between drivers Nathan Lyons, 27, of Hughesville and Elsie Heberling, 80, of Muncy, Trooper Troy Hansen said.
- Aug. 8, 3:02 a.m., Douglas Fritz, 45, of Williamsport, sustained minor injury after he fell asleep while driving, Trooper Justin Bieber said. Fritz struck a utility pole then fled the scene, later contacting state police about the crash, Bieber said.
- During the overnight hours of Aug. 7, a four-wheeler owned by Zachary Fremberg, 16, of State College, was stolen while it was parked in the yard of Fremberg's friend at 108 Harvest Moon Park, Woodward Township. Trooper Daniel Switzer said the four-wheeler is a 2006 Suzuki LTR 450, blue and yellow in color. Anyone with information should contact 570.368.5700.
- Aug. 5, 12:18 p.m., a machete was discovered in the roadway at the intersection of East 3rd Street and Westminster Drive, Loyalsock Township, Trooper Martin said.
- Aug. 5, 1:15 p.m., Aaron Michael Williamsport, 19, of Williamsport and Jamison Cory, attempted to steal clothing from KMart, 1915 East 3rd St., Williamsport, by putting clothing offered for sale on underneth the clothes they wore into the store, Trooper Martin said. Both men were approached and placed into custody by members of the store's loss prevention department.