Elderly Passenger Sustains Major Injuries in One-Vehicle Crash in Unityville
Elderly Passenger Sustains Major Injuries in One-Vehicle Crash in Unityville - An 83 year-old woman remains in critical condition following an accident in Jordan Township. Trooper Johnathan Buynak said the crash occured as Carl I. Brainin, 82, of Unityville, was traveling northbound on Route 42 shortly before 1:30 p.m. on Aug. 5. The vehicle traveled off the roadway and struck a utility pole, then traveled backwards approximately 15 feet where it came to final rest. Braining and his passenger, Patricia Brainin, were wearing seatbelts and were transported via ambulance to the Geisinger Medical Center. The driver sustain moderate injuries while the passenger sustained major injuries, Buynak said.
Burglary Reported at Montgomery Business - A Clinton Township business was burglarized, and it is unclear if anything was stolen. PSP Montoursville Trooper Richard Holz said sometimes between midnight and 2:05 a.m., July 26, someone broke in the front door of Davis Beverage, 121 Route 54 highway. It is unknown if entry was made as nothing was reported to have been disturbed or taken from inside, Holz said.
State police also responded to the following incidents:
- Aug. 6, 7:28 a.m., two vehicle accident on Route 184 highway, Cogan House Township, as Deborah Brown, 18, of Trout Run was negotiating a right curve but crossed into the opposing lane, striking a vehicle operated by Joshua Reiff. Reiff, 31, of Milton was not injured, while Brown was transported to Williamsport Hospital for unknown injuries, Trooper Daniel Kozak said.
- July 31, an unknown person passed a counterfeit $20 bill at the McDonald's drive-thru in Loyalsock Township.
- July 29, 9:01 p.m., Sean D. Beam, 31, of 3570 Dewey Ave. Ext., Cogan Station, allegedly stole money from a cash drawer at Taco Bell, E. 3rd St., Loyalsock Township, Trooper Richard Holz said.
- July 28, 8:45 a.m., a 17-year-old femle from Avis was traveling downhill on Jacks Hollow Road, Bastress Township, when she traveled off the road and struck an embankment, traveling a short distance before coming to rest. No injuries reported, Trooper Brandon Schrawder said.
- July 28, 6:39 a.m., Joseph M. Folk, 22, of Jersey Shore was traveling uphill on Jacks Hollow Road when he lost control and struck a tree. Folk fled the scene, leaving the vehicle behind; he was cited for alleged multiple violations, Trooper Brandon Schrawder said.
- July 26, 1:45 p.m., Seth Fredericks, 22, of Cogan Station and his passenger, Rachel Fredericks, 20, also of Cogan Station was traveling south on Northway Road. For an unknown reason, the vehicle departed the lane and struck a utility pole at the edge of the roadway. Seth Fredericks was not wearing a seat belt and was not injured while Rachel Fredericks was properly belted. She sustained unknown injuries and was transported to Williamsport Hospital for treatment, Trooper Douglass Hoffman said.