Vehicle Engulfed in Flames at Muncy Business
Vehicle Engulfed in Flames at Muncy Business - Montoursville State Police said a driver was not injured over the weekend following a one-vehicle accident in Muncy Township. Trooper Travis Doebler said shortly before 3:30 p.m., on Saturday, Aug. 3, Tad Lupold, 21, of Muncy was traveling west on Lycoming Mall Drive in Muncy Township and attempted to turn right into the eastern entrance at Lycoming Mall when he failed to negotiate the turn. Lupold's vehicle continued in a westward direction, having initial impact with the front end of the vehicle into the Mall sign; the vehicle came to rest on the concrete median against the sign, facing west. Lupold then drove the vehicle to Lyons Auto Body Shop on Carpenter Street, Muncy Creek Township; a short time later, the vehicle became fully engulfed in flames while Lupold was located inside his residence, Doebler said.
State police also responded responded to the following incidents:
- Aug. 4, 11:10 p.m., a vehicle operated by Diana M. Woodward, 69, of Muncy and her 18-year-old passenger, Josh Stanley, also of Muncy, was traveling south on Deer Road, Franklin Township. Trooper David Walker said Woodward failed to negotiate a right-hand curve and traveled down an embankment, striking a tree. No injuries reported.
- Aug. 3, 3:16 p.m., two-vehicle accident on E. 3rd St. and its intersection with Clayton Ave., involving Debra Falco, 46, of South Williamsport, and Morgan McGill, 20 of Williamsport. Trooper Troy Hansen said no injuries were reported in that Loyalsock Township accident.
- Aug. 3, 4:48 p.m., two-vehicle accident on Lycoming Creek Road in front of the Kwik Fill gas station, Loyalsock Township; no injuries reported between Alexis M. Bower, 18, of Cogan Station, and Lorie Barth, 50, of Williamsport, Trooper Troy Hansen said.
- Aug. 2, 4:18 a.m., Nathan Myers, 20, of 225 Buck St., Muncy, allegedly caused a disturbance at 407 Pepper Street. Myers was found to be allegedly intoxicated; charges of underage drinking and public drunkenness were filed by Trooper Travis Pena.
- During the overnight hours of July 31, mailboxes and a driveway at six residences on Crawley Hill Road and Loop Hill Road, Hughesville were spray-painted with profanities.
- July 29, 3:52 p.m., Glen Kurzawa, 56, of Bloomsburg, was traveling eastbound on Route 442 in Moreland Township when flames began to come out from underneath the hood of the Dodge Caravan. No injuries were reported, Trooper Troy Hansen said.
- July 24, 9:47 p.m., Robert S. Burdge, 56, of West Waterford, PA, was determined to allegedly be under the influence of alcohol after operating a vehicle and crossing the double yellow line numerous times in the area of Broad and Montours streets, Montoursville borough, Trooper Daniel Kozak said.
- June 12, shortly after 4 p.m., Sonny Andrew Northern, of Montgomery, was stopped for speeding on Route 220 in Woodward Township. Trooper James Doane determined that Northern was allegedly under the influence of alcoholic beverages and was subsequently transported to the Williamsport Hospital for a legal blood draw; he refused chemical testing, Doane reported.