- State News
- Gas Industry
Montoursville State Police Seek Additional Information Concerning Fairfield Township Burglary
By Cindy Knier
July 28, 2013
Montoursville State Police Seek Additional Information Concerning Fairfield Township Burglary - State police continue to investigate the burglary of a Turkey Hill convenience store on Route 87 earlier this month. During the course of the burglary, which occurred shortly before 12:30 a.m. July 2, one individual forces entry into the store and stole several items while a second individual drove the burglar from the scene. Interested person can view the photos of the suspect on the Montoursville Police Facebook page, Trooper Paul McGee said.
State police also responded to the following incidents:
- During the overnight hours of July 26, minor crop damage was done to the property of Paul E. Bower, 51, of 1671 Dr. Poust Rd., Penn Township. Trooper Schrawder said damage was done by an unknown make and model vehicle through the corner of the crop.
- No injuries were reported in a two-vehicle accident on East 3rd St., at Paulhamus Inc., Loyalsock Township shortly before 2:30 p.m. on July 26, Trooper Brandon Schrawder said.
- July 26, shortly before 3:30 p.m., no injuries were sustained by the drivers of three vehicles involved in a crash on East 3rd St., near Warrensville Road, Loyalsock Township, Trooper Brandon Schrawder said.
- July 25, 2:24 p.m., two-vehicle accident on Broad Street at its intersection with Warrensville Road in Loyalsock Township. No injuries reported among Donna M. Phillips, 59, of Montgomery, and James H. Bowen, 85, of Williamsport, Trooper Gary Beadle said.
- July 24, 9:15 p.m., Brandon Schrawder, 30, of Montoursville struck a deer while traveling southbound on Route 87 in Upper Fairfield Township, Cpl. LaRue Stelene said.
- July 20, 8:12 a.m., a 19-year-old from Muncy took a vehicle without permission as it was parked at 1131 Exchange Road in Moreland Township. The vehicle belonged to Utz Corporation in Hanover, Trooper Daniel Young said.
- During the overnight hours of July 20, items were stolen from residents at 151 Back St., in Ralston, McIntyre Township, Trooper Daniel Young said.
- Between July 14-21, David Francis Hellenthal, 63, of 275 Tilbury Hill Rd., Endicott, NY, frequented the property of Jean Hellenthal, 59, of 13 Beaver Run Lane, Muncy Valley, Penn Township. The female victim velieves that the accused is stalking her and is in fear for her safety, Trooper Richard Holz said. Stalking charges were filed against the accused.
- July 13, shortly before 11 p.m., Kenneth L. Frey, 27, of Jersey Shore, sustained minor injury as he lost control while traveling south on Route 44 in Watson Township. The vehicle struck an embankment then rolled onto its right side and slid back onto the roadway; Frey fled the scene, failing to wait for police response, Trooper Travis Pena said.
- June 29, 3:50 p.m., two male suspects took approximately $850 worth of groceries from Surplus Outlet, 5464 Route 15, Montgomery, Trooper Hoffman said.