- State News
- Gas Industry
Gunshot Fatality Identified in Woodward Township
June 27, 2013
Gunshot Fatality Identified in Woodward Township - One man is dead and a second was taken into custody following a reported shooting in Lycoming County. Trooper Jennifer McMunn said shortly before 12:30 a.m. this morning, June 27, state police were dispatched to 59 Wither Hollow Lane for a shooting. Upon arrival, police found Michael Lee Woodhead, 30, dead from tmultiple gunshot wounds. The person of interest in the shooting, a 44-year-old individual, was detained at the time of the incident by PSP Montoursville, now has been released pending further investigation. It should be noted that this incident was an isolated incident and that public is in no danger.
State police also responded to the following incidents:
- June 22, 5:48 p.m., Jade Lynn Burnett, 21, of 827 Park Ave., Williamsport, removed $57.86 of merchandise with the intent to deprive KMart of a profit, Trooper Erik Barlett said.
- June 22, 11:07 p.m., a black male approximately 5'7", 140 pounds, wearing a white Nike tshirt and black pants entered the rear doors of Shoe Carnival, 1745 E. 3rd St., Williamsport. Upon entry, a security alarm was activiated and the male fled the scene through the rear door, Trooper David Walker said.
- June 22, 5:41 p.m., a white bicycle was removed from a carport at the residence of Judy A. Brodie, 65, of 1609 Warren Ave., Loyalsock Township.
- June 20, 12:30 p.m., Peyton MDonald, 77, of Williamsport allegedly attempted to make unwanted intimate physical contact with a 43-year-old woman at her home in the 1500 block of Grampian Bould, Loyalsock Township.
- During the overnight hours of June 19, Roy James Thomas, 30, ofJersey Shore, found his rental property on Hiller Hill Road to be burglarized by the back door being kicked in. Once inside, the burglars removed property that was left behind from the last tenants that were evicted, Trooper Martin said. Additionally, the burglars damaged property that belonged to Thomas that was inside the residence.
- June 18, midnight, Nora Walker, 57, of Williamsport, threatened to beat up Chazlyn Gavigan, 26 while both were in the area of 1724 Four Mile Drive, Loyalsock Township. Summary harassment charges were filed against Walker, Trooper Daniel Kozak said.
- During the overnight hours of June 17, an unknown person kicked a secondary door to the residence of Christine Murray, 43, of 2701 Lycoming Creek Road, damaging the wood frame and door. The residence was entered, then the burglar exited through the primary door to the residence before fleeing in an unknown direction, Trooper Barlett said.
- June 8, a 17-year-old female was observed throwing a cigarette out the window of the vehicle was operating at the intersection of Route 442 and East Penn Street, Muncy Creek Township. Once stopped, the juvenile was found to be under the influence of alcohol and was taken into custody for DUI, Cpl. Derron M. Farber said. A passenger, Tyler J. Snyder, 20, of 3687 Beaver Lake Road, Hughesville, was also found to have been drinking and was cited for underage drinking; severals cans of Coors Extra Gold beer were found in the vehicle as well, Farber said.
- May 18, 12:04 p.m., a 25-year-old Williamsport man and his uncle, Alvin Lemmerman, 95, also of Williamsport, made a verbal agreement to sealcoat Lemmerman's driveway at the cost of $150. The driveway was sealed and payment was made on May 17, Trooper Erik Barlett said. The next day, the man returned to his uncle's residence and explained that the cracks needed to be resealed for an additional $150. Lemmerman refused but agreed to pay $50 instead, and wrote a check to the suspect. However, prior to paying his nephew, Lemmerman made a photocopy of the check for his own records; the nephew then altered the check by placing a "1" in front of the $50 and handwriting "one hundred fifty" on the check. He then cashed the check for $150, defrauding his uncle, Barlett said.