- State News
- Gas Industry
Allenwood Men Jailed Following Escalated Road Rage Incident
June 10, 2013
Allenwood Men Jailed Following Aggravated Assault Incident - Two men face multiple charges following a verbal argument that escalated into physical assault. PSP Montoursville Trooper Walker said the incident occurred on June 6, 8:30 p.m., as Royce Bailey III, 39, of 1207 Leisure Acres Road, Allenwood and Christopher Jay Thomas, 41, of 14115 Route 44 Allenwood, were involved in an road rage argument on Elimsport Road. After the incident, Thomas arrived at Bailey's residence joined by Christopher Jay Thomas, 18, and a 17-year-old teen; another verbal altercation ensued and turned physical. All three assaulted Bailey, threw him to the ground and repeatedly kicked him in the head. Both of the Thomas men were taken into custody and arraigned on alleged charges of aggravated and simple assault, corruption of minors, criminal trespass and harassment. The Thomas men were commited to the Lycoming County Prison on $100,000 bail while the teen will be charged through the juvenile court system, Walker said.
State police also responded to the following incidents:
- During the overnight hours of June 7, someone entered the Hughesville residence of Patricia Ann McMunn, 60, of 70 South 2nd Street, without using force and stole approximately $11,000 in cash, several credit cards and other miscellaneous items.
- During the overnight hours of June 2, a wallet was removed from the unlocked vehicle belonging to Susan Weaver, 2080 Fairfield Road, Williamsport. Weaver's vehicle was parked at 304 Gehron Parkway Fairfield Township at the time of the theft.
- Between June 1-3 someone scattered rubbish at the residence of Jack Zimmerman, 62, Muncy, approximately a quarter miles on Tallow Bottom Road from Quaker Church Road, Mill Creek Township.
- May 27, 11:07 a.m., Neil Haines, 66, of Bellefonte, was stopped for a traffic violation at mile marker 21 in the eastbound lane of Interstate 180. Haines was subsequently arrested for alleged DUI, Trooper Joel Miles said.
- Between May 27-29, debit card information was stolen from Janel Stahlnecker, 40, of 960 Sunrise Drive. Numerous charges were made in the New York area using Stahlnecker's information.
- Between May 25-31, items were removed from a safe in the home of Linda Donohoe, 70, of 206 Funston Road, Franklin Township.
- Between May 24-28, a burglary occured at 156 Chadlee Drive, Armstrong Township. Various items were stolen from Charles Killinger, 38, who occupies this residence.
- Between April 1 and May 8, five different credit cards were used to purchase items from Williamsport Barber and Beauty Supply, Sheridan Street in Loyalsock Township. Seven separate transactions using those five cards were made and delivered to an unknown suspect; total value of the items is $2,965.15, Trooper Troy Hansen said.
Williamsport Bureau of Police responded to the following incidents:Sunday, June 9
- 2:23 a.m., domestic, 200 W. 4th St.
- 6:27 a.m., vehicle accident, 838 block of Washington Blvd.
- 6:49 a.m., burglary, 1017 Meade St.
- 6:52 a.m., hit and run, 339 Park Ave.
- 10:49 a.m., assault, rear of 618 5th Ave.
- 3:01 p.m., sex offenses, 691 7th Ave.
- 3:34 p.m., domestic, 2627 W. 4th St.
- 3:59 p.m., hit nd run, 638 3rd Ave.
- 4:02 p.m., shoplifter, 251 William St.
- 5:02 p.m., drug activity, rear of 723 Arch St.
- 6:51 p.m., domestic, 856 Memorial Ave.
- 8:33 p.m., warrant service, corner Elmira/Louisa St.
- 10:13 p.m., domestic w/injury, 1640 Memorial Ave.
Saturday, June 8
- 2:36 p.m., domestic, Cummings and Poplar St.
- 3:42 p.m., domestic, 1930 Apple St.
- 5:43 a.m., attempted suicide, 314 Locust St. Apt. 3
- 9:21 a.m., theft, 653 Hepburn St., Apt. 6
- 10:48 a.m., domestic, 1524 Scott St.
- 12:44 p.m., animal complaint, 709 Wyoming St.
- 2:30 p.m., theft, 357 Pine St.
- 3:54 p.m., domestic, 1217 Park Ave.
- 8:07 p.m., vehicle accident, High St./Thomas Ave.
- 9:34 p.m., domestic, 673 James Pl., 2nd fl.
Friday, June 7
- 12:42 a.m., assault, 328 Bridge St., Apt. 8
- 2 a.m., domestic, 1031 Park Ave.
- 3:49 a.m., domestic, 8645 Cherry St.
- 5:52 a.m., vehicle accident, W. 3rd St./Hepburn St.
- 6:05 a.m., mental patient, 700 High St.
- 9:43 a.m., theft, 820 Arch St.
- 10:31 a.m., vehicle accident, Washington Blvd./Railway St.
- 1:07 p.m., drug activity, 1503 E. 3rd St.
- 1:42 p.m., vehicle accident, 90 Maynard St.
- 1:45 p.m., mental patient, 2807 Dove St.
- 3:05 p.m., domestic, 5th Ave/Nichols Pl.
- 4:08 p.m., domestic, 815 Wilson St.
- 5:24 p.m., domestic, 2500 Federal Ave., Apt. 234
- 6:31 p.m., drug activity, 2223 W. 4th St., Apt. 2E
- 7:46 p.m, hit and run, 341 E. 4th St.
- 8:31 p.m., robbery, 665 Wildwood Blvd.
- 10:36 p.m., domestic, 770 W. 4th St., Apt. 105
- 11:17 p.m., hit and run, 934 Arch St.