- State News
- Gas Industry
Juvenile Charged With Alleged Terroristic Threats in Jackson Township
June 7, 2013
Juvenile Charged With Alleged Terroristic Threats in Jackson Township - State police from Montoursville charged a male juvenile with disorderly conduct, allegedly harassment and terrorist threats following an incident in Trout Run earlier this week. Trooper Daniel Kozak said a domestic incident occurred at 7 p.m. on June 4 between the juvenile and Larry and Sharon Edler, both 65 and of 659 Blockhouse Road. During the altercation, the male struck Larry Edler with a broom, threw rocks at him and threatened to kill him, then pushed Sharon Edler and threatened to kill her as well.
State police also responded to the following incidents:
- During the overnight hours of June 5, an unknown person used force to break the rear window of a 2007 Chevrolet Trail Blazer SW owned by James W. Champaign Jr., of Muncy. Trooper Doebler said Champaign, 40, resides at 2338 Musser Lane, where the vehicle was parked.
- June 4, between 7:15-9 p.m., $300 in cash and two credit cards were stolen from the unlocked and unoccupied vehicle belonging to Ronald Travis, 68, of Williamsport. Travis' vehicle was parked in the area of 2405 Reed Street, Loyalsock Township, at the time of the theft, Trooper Johnathan Buynak said.
- June 4, 8:24 p.m., Jacina F. Bonilla, 24, of Montgomery sustained minor injuries following a one-vehicle accident on Brouse Road near Middle Road in Clinton Township. Trooper Brandon Schrawder said Bonilla was traveling north on Brouse Road when her vehicle struck a utility pole along the shoulder of the road.
- June 2, 1:39 p.m., Gregory M. Hurst, 19, of Hughesville was traveling east on Lycoming Mall Drive and allegedly did not stop at the red signal at its intersection with Eastern Mall Drive in Muncy Township. Hurst struck a vehicle operated by Douglas D. Jawkins, 64, of Catawissa in the approaching lane, which had been stopped at the red light and had advanced into the turn lane when the light turned green. Hurst's vehicle struck Hawins' vehicle in the rear; Hurst was not wearing his seatbelt and sustained minor injuries, Trooper Brian Evarts said.
- May 28, 6:44 p.m., Meghan Lynn Borgess, 32, allegedly attempted to take 27 items from KMart, 1915 East 3rd Street, Loyalsock Township. Total value was $172.44, Borgess was taken into custody and transported to Lycoming County Prison; during a search, contraband was found on her., Trooper Troy Hansen said. Borgess was subsequently charged; bail was set at $35,000.
- During 7 p.m. to midnight on May 25, two 20-inch bicycles were stolen from 323 Pearson Avenue, Loyalsock Township. The bicycles were unsecured and outside the residence at the time of the theft; both units were recovered a few days later near Lincoln Drive.