- State News
- Gas Industry
Three-Vehicle Crash Reported in Clinton Township
June 1, 2013
Three-Vehicle Crash Reported in Clinton Township - No injuries were reported in a three-vehicle accident earlier this week, Montoursville State Police Trooper Steven Schmit said. The crash occurred on May 27 as all three vehicles were travling south on Route 15 around 3 p.m., just 200 yards north of Route 54. Vehicles operated by Robert Kilgus, of Watsontown, and Salvatore Montesano, of Fillmore, New York, were traveling at approximately 5 miles per hour or less due to heavy traffic, when Kilgus's vehicle was struck in the rear by a vehicle operated by Kevin Nawrocki of Williamsport, who did not slow for the congested traffic. Nawrocki's vehicle then pushed Kilgus's vehicle into the rear of Montesano's vehicle, which was carrying Cathy Montesano and six juveniles. All occupants were restrained and uninjured in the collision, Schmit said.
State police also responded to the following incidents:
- May 26, 4:20 a.m., Troy V. Matty, 30, of Montoursville sustained moderate injury after the vehicle he was operating struck a utility pole on Quaker State Road just east of Route 87.
- May 24, between 11:30 a.m. and noon, Lynisha Marie Deynes, 23, of Williamsport, was allegedly observed by KMart store personnel to place various merchandise items into her bags, then to exit without paying for any of the items. Deynes was then detained by store personnel; subsequent investigation revealed that Deynes was also allegedly in possession of stolen merchandise from Payless Shoe Source, Loyalsock Township, Trooper Gary Beadle said.
- On May 21, 6:20 a.m., Brett James Savage, 21, of 127 South Main Street, Hughesville, and Marco Antonio Ortega-Ramos, 19, of 1810 Hazel Drive, Williamsport, were allegedly trespassing on the football field at Loyalsock Township High School. Brian Lowmiller, 40, of Williamsport, told the two to leave the property; Savage then assaulted Lowmiller and fled to Penn Vale. Savage and Ortega-Ramos were soon apprehended and arraigned on assault and trespass charges; both were committed to the Lycoming County Prison in lieu of $25,000 straight bail.
- April 28, 4:53 p.m., Andrew Marshall, 38, of Montoursville, crashed his motorcycle in the 2400 block of Warrensville Road, Loyalsock Township. Marshall was susequently arrested for suspciion of DUI, Trooper Joel Miles said.
- Alex A. Eck, 25, of Jersey Shore, allegedly passed bad checks twice at Speedy's in Salladasburg, totalling the amount of $150 from Horizon Federal Credit Union on April 21 and April 23. Both checks were returned due to insufficient funds, Trooper Schrawder said.