- State News
- Gas Industry
Attempted Homicide in Montoursville
May 28, 2013
Attempted Homicide in Montoursville - Shortly after noon today, May 28, two black males kicked in the rear door of an apartment in Montoursville and fired shots at the resident. Trooper Tyson Havens said the two men, both believed to be in their 20s, 5'7" and approximately 160 pounds, wore masks made with bandanas as they kicked in the door of 324 Jordan Ave., Apt. B and entered the apartment of a while male in his 30s. The while man fled through the front door as both of the black men fired three shots at him, Havens said. All three rounds went through the front door in the direction of Jordan Avenue and did not strike anyone. The black men then fired two additional rounds through the first floor exterior wall of Apartment A., nearly striking a white female neighbor in her 60s who was on the other side of the wall watching television. Both males fled in a southeastern direction and are believed to be from Philadelphia and frequent Williamsport. State police do not believe the attempted homicide was a random act and that the black men specifically targeted the white male as a result of an illegal drug-related incident that occurred approximately a week ago. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Havens at 570.368.5700.
Stabbing, Burglaries and Attempted Suicide Incidents Kick Off Holiday Weekend for Williamsport Police - The Williamsport Bureau of Police were dispatched to the following incidents over the weekend:
Friday, May 24
- 2 p.m., stabbing, 700 High St.
- 3:06 p.m., assault/injury, 323 Locust St.
- 4:28 p.m., sex offenses, 431 Park Ave.
- 9:30 p.m., theft, 328 Bridge St. Apt. 9
Saturday, May 25
- 12:39 a.m., disturbance w/injury, 154 W. 3rd St.
- 8:04 a.m., hit and run, 684 5th Ave.
- 9:04 a.m., forgery, 700 Washington Blvd.
- 2 p.m., theft, 653 Hepburn St. Apt. 10
- 2:22 p.m., burglary alarn, 835 3rd Ave.
- 9:34 p.m., attempted suicide, 834 Grampian Blvd.
Sunday, May 26
- 12:06 a.m., shoplifter, 500 Pine St.
- 2:10 a.m., domestic, 806 W. 3rd St.
- 3:24 a.m., domestic, 513 Brandon Ave.
- 5:02 a.m., domestic, 138 E. 4th St., Apt. 4
- 11:35 a.m., domestic w/injury, 412 Anthony St.
- 3:38 p.m., vehicle accident, 1630 Sutton Ave.
- 5:34 p.m., assault, 154 W. 3rd St.
- 8:10 p.m., domestic, 645 Wildwood Blvd.
- 8:26 p.m., drug activity, 611 Washington Blvd.
- 9:34 p.m., shots fired, 1219 Penn St.
- 9:51 p.m., hit and run, 2300 W. 4th St.
Monday, May 27
- 3:12 a.m., hit and run, 1510 block Memorial Ave.
- 8:38 a.m., domestic, 765 W. 3rd St., Apt. 2
- 10:27 a.m., burglary, 931 Park Ave.
- 1:33 p.m., drug activity, corner of Elmira St. and Kramer Ct.
- 4:36 p.m., fight/injury, 900 block Funston Ave.
- 5:30 p.m., disturbance, 900 block Funston Ave.
- 5:34 p.m., warrant service, 900 block Funston Ave.
- 6:02 p.m., hit and run, 900 block Campbell St.
- 9:10 p.m., domestic, 1632 Taylor Pl.
- 10:47 p.m., domestic, 412 Anthony St.
- 10:54 p.m., assault, 2500 Federal Ave., Apt. 354
- 11:01 p.m., domestic, 2228 W. 3rd St., 2nd floor
PSP Lamar responded to an alleged DUI crash in Porter Township, Clinton County on May 26. Trooper Wright said David Curtis Stevenson, 25, of Lamar, had been driving an ATV on the roadway allegedly under the influence of alcohol around 8:30 a.m., when he crashed the four-wheeler at 418 Narrows Road. Stevenson was taken by Goodwill Hose ambulance to the Lock Haven ER for treatment of the moderate injuries he sustained from the accident, Wright said.