Texas Man Jailed Following Muncy Traffic Stop
Texas Man Jailed Following Muncy Traffic Stop - A 21-year-old Roma, Texas man was jailed after it was discovered he was driving under the influence of alcohol and was carrying a firearm without a license. PSP Montoursville Trooper Justin Rososchil said shortly before 2 a.m. on May 6, Luis Alberto Hernandez was stopped for multiple traffic violation on Interstate 180 at exit 13 in Muncy Creek Township. Further investigation revealed that Hernandez was allegedly DUI and in possession of a handgun without proper documents. Hernandez was committed to the LYcoming County prison in lieu of $10,000 bail, Rosboschil said.
State police from Lamar and Montoursville also responded to the following incidents:
- Around noon on May 7, Patrick L. Bickford, 39, of Smethport, PA, sustained minor injuries after the Dodge Ram he was operating in McHenry Township traveled down a steep enbankment, striking trees and brush before coming to final rest. Trooper Douglass Hoffman said Bickford was traveling on Truman Run Road, a single-laned winding dirt road, when he drove off the north edge and plummeted down the embankment, overturning several times on the way down. Bickford was wearing a properly adjusted seat belt; however air bags had not deployed. Bickford declined medical treatment.
- Between 7:15 a.m. on May 5 and 5:20 p.m. May 7, burglaries occurred at three residences on Route 287, Trout Run. Trooper Ryan Golla said approximately $60, 15 cans of beer and approximately 12 fireworks were stolen from the Cogan House Township residences.
- On May 5, 9:15 p.m., an altercation between two neighbors at 1411 East 3rd Street, Williamsport resulted in harassment charges filed against Steven Allen Reid. Reid, 37, allegedly slammed a 34-year-old Loyalsock Township man to the groun, resulting in the victim suffering a lump on the back of his head, Trooper Ryan Golla said.
- On May 5, 5:20 p.m., Paul McClemons, 68, of Muncy, yelled at John Yocum Jr., 64 also of Muncy, about cutting down his trees in the area of 1162 Cemetery Road, Franklin Township. McClemons has been told not to have contact with Yocum, Trooper Evarts said.
- Between April 30 and May 3, a fully loaded semi-automatic .22 caliber Ruger Mark II was removed from the center console of a Ford F-250 while it was parked at a river lot at the Susquehanna Boat Club in Clinton Township. Trooper Schrawder said the gun's serial number is 21732608, and is registered to Ronald G. Brelsford, 61, of Muncy.
- On April 28, Chad Crosier, 42, was stopped for a traffic violation at the intersection of Northway Road and Shiffler Avenue. Crosier allegedly was driving under the influence and was charged appropriately, Trooper Sean Cooney said.
- Over a seven-month period of time, several items were removed from an unlocked shed belonging to Steven Keller, 39, of 91 Sandra Lee Drive. Trooper Joel Miles said the burglary occurred between Oct. 14 and May 1 in Woodward Township.
- Over a three-month period of time, a gate was removed from the fence at Salladasburg Elementary School. Trooper Ryan Golla said the theft occurred in Mifflin Township between Feb. 1 and May 2.