Motorcycle Lands in Mill Creek; Major Injuries Sustained
Motorcycle Lands in Mill Creek; Major Injuries Sustained - Two motorcylists from Montoursville were injured following a crash in Eldred Township over the weekend. Trooper Joel Miles said Andrew J. Marshall, 38, and Jolene M. Marshall, 33, were traveling northbound on Warrensville Road shortly before5 p.m. on April 28 when the unit failed to negotiate a left curve in the roadway. The Honda Shadow motorcycle proceeded to drive off the east side of the roadway, 1,637 feet south of Mosteller Road, crossing both lanes of travel on Warrensville Road. Both occupants fell off the cycle; the unit continued toward the west berm, struck a guide rail and flipped over the rail, before making impact with an embankment until it landed in Mill Creek, completely submerged. Andrew Marshall was arrested for suspicion of DUI; charges pending blood results, Miles said.
PSP Montoursville and Lamar also responded to the following incidents:
- Two vehicle accident in Wolf Township on Route 220 at its intersection with North Main Street in Hughesville, 1 p.m. on April 29; William Smedley, 75,of Picture Rocks sustained minor injury while Harvey King, 45, of Glenville, West Virginia, was not injured.
- A Sentry S0100 safe was found and recovered in the Susquehanna River on May 2, 9:10 a.m., at the end of the boat dock on Antlers Lane in Woodward Township.
- On April 30, 5 a.m., while operating a motorcycle, Brent Levano, 43, of Williamsport, sustained minor injury after he struck a deer on Lick Run Road, Loyalsock Township.
- No injuries were reported in a two-vehicle accident on April 30, shortly before 3:30 p.m. on Route 14 Highway at its intersection with Field Station Road in Lewis Township. Joyce W. Krause, 71, of Williamsprt turned into the path of travel of William C. Burgess, 46, of Canton, Trooper Daniel Young said.
- On April 30, shortly before 7 p.m., Thurl Harris Jr., 61, of Uniontown, Ohio, was observed dumping a cup of urine onto the travel lane from his driver's side window. Harris was less than a quarter mile from the Lamar truck stops on Interstate 80, exit 173 in Porter Township, Clinton County at the time of the incident.
- During the overnight hours of April 29, someone burnt a sweatshirt and damaged a deadbolt lock to a shed at Rider Park in Gamble Township.
- During the overnight hours of April 26, the parked vehicle belonging to Clarence Smith, 65, of Williamsport, was entered and several items were stolen while the car was parked at 1236 Vallamont Drive residence.
- On April 15, 12:38 p.m., Cade L. Logue, 23, of Williamsport, sustained minor injury after striking a guide rail on Interstate 180 in Loyalsock Township.
- On April 12, 1:09 a.m., a 20-year-old male from Jersey Shore was observed operating his vehicle with an equipment violation in the area of Route 150 at First Street in Lock Haven. Subsequent investigation revealed that the driver had suspected marijuana and drug paraphernalia on his person and admitted to consuming an alcoholic beverage prior to operating the vehicle.
- On April 4, between 3:20-3:28 a.m., Amanda Noelle Tomlinson, 25, of 564 Oregon Hill Road, in Morris, reported harassing phone calls.