Williamsport Teen Sustains Injuries in Lewis Township Crash
Williamsport Teen Sustains Injuries in Lewis Township Crash - An 18-year-old was ejected from a vehicle he was driving last Friday on Route 15. Trooper Gary Beadle said Timothy L. Johns was traveling southound on that highway just north of Powy's Curve shortly after 6:30 p.m. on March 29. As Johns negotiated the right curve, the vehicle traveled out of its lance and across the grass median then began to roll an unknown number of times across the northbound lanes of travel. The unit then continued to roll in a southeasternly direction down the east side embankment where Johns was ejected. Johns was cited for allegedly failure to drive the vehicle at a safe speed, roadways laned for traffic and failure to wear a seat belt, Beadle said.
Montoursville State Police also responded to the following incidents:
- On March 30, police arrested Anthony Louis Cupillia, 27, of Williamsport, after he allegedly left without paying for two bags of potato chips totaling $1.98 from Sheetz, 330 Westminster Drive, Williamsport.
- On Thursday, March 28, 12:50 a.m., Danie Smith, 29, and Teresa Fladd, 37, were having a domestic dispute at 45 Back Street, Lot 37, Montoursville. Fladd allegedly hit Smith in the face with a frying pan and bit Smith on the right arm. Fladd was arrested at the scene for simple assault and harassment and committed to the LYcoming County prison on $5,000 bail.
- Between March 21-24, someone entered through a locked back door the 1203 Lafayette Parkway residence of Mary Gates, 26, Williamsport.
- On March 14, a burglar attempted to pry open a dn window and door at the rear of the home of Kevin and Deeann Freezer, 1418 Field Station Road, Gamble Township, Trout Run. The burglar forcibly entered the Freezer residence through another window, damaging the glass window of a door. The burglar searched a nearby office for valuable and entered the master bedroom, removing a pillowcase and stealing jewelry items. Any person with information contact Trooper Johnathan Buynak at 570.368.5700.
- On March 13, Donald Aaron Donato, 36, of Loyalsock Township allegedly pushed and struck Gewn Marie Williams, 38, of Dushore, while both were at 1414 E. 3rd Street. Donato fled the scene while Williams refused to prosecute.
- On Jan. 30, a customer twice entered the Creekside Market 4054 Route 87 Highway, Upper Fairfield Township and used a bad check to pay for gas, soda and to obtain cash.