- State News
- Gas Industry
Williamsport Police Take New Castle Man Into Custody Following Numerous Alleged Felony Counts
March 4, 2012
Williamsport Police Take New Castle Man Into Custody Following Numerous Alleged Felony Counts – City Police responded to a burglary Saturday evening which evolved into a brief standoff with authorities.
Captain Michael Orwig said shortly before 7:30 p.m., police responded to 2895 South Reach Road following reports of a male who had forcibly entered the premises there. Orwig said the owner of the structure was on the second floor at the time David E. Geiger, 27 of New Castle entered the home. As police were arriving at the location, the owner struggled trying to get the intruder out of the home; the occupant was able to leave the home while Geiger remained inside, Orwig said.
Geiger ignored numerous attempts by police to get him to come outside and allegedly made statements to include “I’m going to have to start killing people,” and “I’m not going down without a fight.” Geiger also state he was going to start to fashion a weapon while inside the home, Orwig said.
The Williamsport SRT team was called and upon entering the home, took Geiger into custody. Geiger is being at this time with numerous felony counts relating to the incident. Williamsport Police were assisted by members of the PSP Montoursville barracks and Old Lycoming Township police.
Crews from local fire departments and emergency personnel responded to the following incidents on Saturday, March 3:
• 3:22 a.m., vehicle accident, 3600 Lycoming Mall Drive, Fairfield Township
• 4:48 a.m., vehicle in building, 1900 E. 3rd St., Loyalsock Township
• 6:46 a.m., wire arcing, 2830 Lycoming Creek Road, Loyalsock Township
• 11:03 a.m., gas odor in water, 1620 Meade St., Loyalsock Township
• 12:33 p.m., vehicle accident, 400 Sunrise Drive, Wolf Township
• 1:45 p.m., field fire, 499 Huddy Hill Road Ext., Pennsdale
• 5:34 p.m., vehicle accident, Park Ave. / Grier St. Williamsport
Sunday, March 4:
12:08 a.m., trailer fire, 2619 Rauchtown Road