- State News
- Gas Industry
Jersey Shore Driver Flown to Geisinger Following Crash
July 26, 2011
Jersey Shore Driver Flown to Geisinger Following Crash – PSP Montoursville said a 40-year man was flown to Geisinger Medical Center last week after striking a rock wall in Watson Township. Trooper Brandon Schrawder reports the Jersey Shore man was operating a 1995 GMC pickup shortly after 10 p.m. on Friday, July 22 in the 6000 block of north Route 44 Highway, when for unknown reasons he lost control and struck a rock wall head on. After impact the truck spun clockwise approximately 90 degrees and came to rest across both lanes and caught fire, becoming fully engulfed. The driver, who was not identified, was pulled from the truck by another motorist prior to the vehicle becoming fully engulfed. He was flown to GMC with head injuries and his medical condition is unknown at this time, Schrawder said.
Wife Jailed and Makes Bail Following Simple Assault Charges – PSP Montoursville said a Jersey Shore woman was released on bail following a domestic disturbance in Anthony Township 10 days ago. Trooper Brandon Schrawder said shortly before 8:30 p.m. on Friday, July 16, a domestic disturbance took place at 804 Jobs Run Road between a 43-year-old woman and her husband. The accused broke two windows then assaulted her husband by punching him in the face several times, causing his nose to break. She then assaulted her mother by pulling her hair and punching her in the face after the mother made a commence that the accused did not care for, Schrawder said. At that time, a friend of the family intervened; her hair and pulled and the friend was punched in the face several times when she attempted to restrain the accused and keep her from assaulting the mother any further. The accused was taken into custody and arraigned on charges of simple assault and harassment before District Magistrate Jerry Lepley. She was released on $5,000 signature bail with conditions that she has no contact with any of the victims. Prior to the dispute taking place, the woman had been drinking earlier in the evening with her husband, Schrawder said.
Tweens’ and Teen’s Shoplifting Spree Ends – PSP Montoursville said three females juveniles were charge for shoplifting at 11 area stores earlier this month. Trooper Paul McGee said the three girls were petitioned into juvenile court after being caught shoplifting at TJ Maxx on July 8. Further investigation by State Police revealed that the same juveniles shoplifted from other stores that day at the Lycoming Mall and in Loyalsock Township.
Crews from local fire departments and emergency personnel responded to the following incidents as reported on Monday, July 25:
• 8:25 a.m., investigation, 1429 Elwood Road, Loyalsock Township; township responded.
• 10:11 a.m., tree fire, 300 block of Front Street, Jersey Shore; Independent Hose and JSA EMS dispatched.
• 11:06 a.m., smoke in structure, 1616 Chelsea Pl., Loyalsock Township; township responded.
• 11:45 a.m., vehicle accident, 10000 block of Route 220, Shrewsbury Township; Picture Rocks, SHS EMS dispatched.
• 4:28 p.m., transformer fire, 299 Elimsport Road, Clinton Township; township responded.
• 4:33 p.m., tree fire, intersection of New and South Main streets, Muncy borough; Muncy area dispatched.
• 4:35 p.m., pole fire, 342 Norton Road, Hillsgrove Township, Sullivan County; Hillsgrove responded.
• 6:23 p.m., vehicle accident, 381 Ambrosious Road, Cherry Township, Sullivan County; Dushore dispatched.
• 11:01 p.m., vehicle accident, 6370 south Route 44 Highway, Limestone Township; Nippenose Valley dispatched.