- State News
- Gas Industry
State Police Suspect Montoursville Man of DUI
By Cindy Knier
February 25, 2011
State Police Suspect Montoursville Man of DUI – On Monday, Feb. 21, 2:45 a.m., PSP Montoursville responded to Lycoming Creek Road at its intersection with Heshbon Road in Loyalsock Township after a car struck a curb and traffic sign. Aaron C. Warren, 23, operating a 1994 Ford Taurus was traveling southbound in the right lane of Lycoming Creek Road when he traveled across both lanes of Heshbon Road, striking the curb and downing a speed limit sign before coming to final rest. Two passengers in Warren’s vehicle, Ian M. Fillman, 23 and Christopher-Miche Geist, 23, both of Williamsport, along with the driver, were not injured in the accident, said investigator Kenneth Fishel. Warren had been drinking alcohol and was processed for suspicion of DUI.
Montoursville Resident Reports Identity Theft – PSP Montoursville report that on Friday, Feb. 4, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m., Matthew Hutchinson, 37, of Warrensville Road, Loyalsock Township, discovered that an unknown individual obtained a cell phone under his name, said Trooper Paul McGee. Anyone with information concerning this crime should contact 570-368-5700.
Jersey Shore Business Burglary – PS Montoursville say that a welding business in Jersey Shore reported a burglary during the overnight hours of Sunday, Feb. 20 into Monday, Feb. 21. Simcox Welding, 10100 Route 220, in Piatt Township, discovered that an unknown individual forcibly entered a storage shed on that property and removed $300 worth of one-inch brass round stock then fled the scene, said Trooper David A. Walker.
Hughesville Teen Receives Cell Phone Harassment – PSP Montoursville report that a Wolf Township 17-year-old female was the victim of harassment after reporting that two text messages were transmitted to her phone from an unknown individual. The incident occurred around 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 16, said Trooper James. R. Doane, who said the messages were of a sexual nature in content and referred to pictures of male and female genitalia. The incident remains under investigation, said Doane.
Mechanicsburg Driver Plunges Down Embankment, Lands on Roof – PSP Montoursville reports that on Monday, Feb. 21, around 12:30 a.m., Sherri A. Epenshade, 24, of Mechanicsburg, operating a 2006 Ford Escape, was southbound on Route 287 near Dam Run Road. Epenshade lost control of the vehicle after it began to slide on the snow-covered road, then exited the roadway along the west berm, said investigator Russell A. Ramin. The vehicle then traveled down a 12 foot embankment, rolling onto its roof before coming to final rest in a small stream facing south. Neither a passenger in the vehicle, Jessica N. Earnshaw, 20, of Camp Hill, nor Epenshade sustained injuries; both were wearing seat belts, said Ramin. Epenshade was cited for driving too fast.
Police Charge South Williamsport Woman With Harassment – PSP Montoursville filed harassment charges with District Justice Sortman following an argument between two women on Saturday, Feb. 19. The incident took place around 11 p.m. when Christine Haag, of Williamsport, reported that Natasha Askey, of South Williamsport scratched her following an argument that took place at 66 Mountainview Drive, Susquehanna Township.
Lock Haven Woman Jailed for Theft – On Thursday, Feb. 17, PSP Montoursville charged 50-year-old Billie Marie Gushue with one count of felony retail theft after she attempted to steal merchandise valued at $166.94 from Kmart department store on the Golden Strip, Loyalsock Township. Trooper Schrawder said that Gushue concealed the merchandise on her person and attempted to exit the store via the restaurant area shortly before 10:30 a.m., at which time she was detained by the store’s loss prevention person. Gushue was charged and arraigned before District Judge James Sort and committed to Lycoming County prison on $15,000 bail.
Linden Man Reports Snowblower Stolen – On Wednesday, Feb. 16, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., an unknown individual stole a snowblower belonging to Joseph Harvey, 64, who resides at 6484 Route 220 highway, Linden. Anyone with information on this crime is asked to contact PSP Montoursville at 570-368-5700, said Trooper Paul McGee.
Girl Scout Cookies Stolen – Between class periods at Loyalsock High School on Thursday, Feb. 17, shortly before noon, PSP Montoursville report that a 15-year-old male re-entered a classroom while no one was present and stole a pack of Thin Mint cookies which were located inside the desk of 51-year-old Betsey Thomas of Woolrich. Thomas is a teacher’s aide who assisted the teacher in the classroom of the accused teen, said Trooper Schrawder, who charged the teen with one count of theft.
No Injuries Sustained in Clinton Township Accident – PSP Montoursville report that around 11 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 22, Jeffery M. Gehr, 18, of Montoursville, was northbound on Route 405, just east of Bastian Road, when he failed to negotiate a right turn in the roadway. Gehr, who was driving a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier, crossed the double yellow lines and exited the roadway along the west berm, said investigator Russell A. Ramin. The vehicle went along a small embankment, striking a tree with the front bumper before coming to rest. He was cited for roadways laned for traffic, said Ramin.
Crews from various fire departments and emergency personnel responded to the following incidents on Thursday, Feb. 24:
• 6:44 a.m., carbon monoxide alarm, 1420 Warren Avenue, Loyalsock; Loyalsock Township responded.
• 7:23 a.m., fire alarm, 6696 Route 405, Clinton Township; township dispatched.
• 9:10 a.m., fire alarm, 505 Center Street, Williamsport; Williamsport Bureau of Fire and Susquehanna Health System Ems dispatched.
• 10:36 a.m., smoke investigation, 2500 block of Lycoming Creek Road, Loyalsock; township responded.
• 10:38 a.m., mutual aid for wild fire, 200 Walnut Street, Howard Township, Clinton County; Beech Creek/Blanchard responded.
• 4:24 p.m., residential fire alarm, 220 West Main Street, city of Lock Haven, Clinton County; city responded.
• 4:27 p.m., vehicle accident, corner of German and Main streets, Dushore, Sullivan County; Dushore responded.
• 4:30 p.m., elevator rescue, 100 Pine Street, Williamsport; Williamsport Bureau of Fire dispatched.
• 4:44 p.m., wires down, 800 Cypress Street, Montoursville; Montoursville responded.
• 4:45 p.m., odor investigation, 1300 Allegheny Street, Jersey Shore; Independent Hose and Citizen’s Hose/Salladasburg dispatched.
• 5:31 p.m., traffic control, 1700 North Route 44, Watson Township; Independent Hose dispatched.
• 5:32 p.m., vehicle accident, 440 North Route 44, Watson Township; Independent Hose and Citizen’s Hose/Salladasburg dispatched.
• 6 p.m., vehicle accident, corner of Tucker and Sherman streets, Williamsport; Williamsport Bureau of Fire and Susquehanna Health System Ems dispatched.
• 6:07 p.m., vehicle accident, 17000 block of Route 180, Muncy Township; township and Susquehanna Health System Ems dispatched.
• 6:09 p.m., vehicle accident, 9500 block of Route 220, Shrewsbury Township; Picture Rocks and Loyalsock Township responded.
• 6:38 p.m., vehicle accident, corner of East Third Street and Russell Avenue, Loyalsock Township; township dispatched.
• 7:09 p.m., vehicle accident, intersection of Fairview Road and Hepburn Hill Road, Loyalsock township; township responded.
• 7:19 p.m., vehicle accident, 1500 Beaver Lake road, Penn Township; Hughesville dispatched.
• 7:20 p.m., propane odor inside structure located at Hilltop Tavern, 95 Second Avenue, city of Lock Haven; city dispatched.
• 7:24 p.m., vehicle accident, 13000 block of Route 180, Muncy Creek Township; Clarkstown, Muncy, Muncy Township and Susquehanna Health System Ems dispatched.
• 9:09 p.m., motor vehicle accident, 1642 Pine Mountain Road, Wayne Township, Clinton County; township dispatched.
• 10:42 p.m., motor vehicle accident, Interstate 80, mile marker 181 westbound, Lamar Township, Clinton County; township dispatched.
Wednesday, Feb. 23:
• 7:08 a.m., vehicle accident, 1015 North Loyalsock Avenue, Montoursville; Montoursville dispatched.
• 8:54 a.m., low hanging wire, 174 West Hillside Drive, Woodward Township; Dunnstown responded.
• 11:40 a.m., water heater fire inside 1850 Youngsdale Road, Wayne Township; township, Woolrich, Castanea, MICU 22-82 dispatched.
• 4:10 p.m., vehicle fire, 28000 Route 180, Williamsport; Williamsport Bureau of Fire responded.
• 8:09 p.m., fire alarm, 2140 Warrensville Road, Loyalsock Township; township responded.
• 11:45 p.m., house fire, 701 Second Street, Williamsport; Williamsport Bureau of Fire, First Ward, Old Lycoming, Loyalsock, Montoursville, Susquehanna Health System Ems dispatched.