- State News
- Gas Industry
Weekend Roundup: June 22, 2012
December 31, 1969
Happy Friday, all! We hope you had a wonderful week and an exciting weekend planned ahead. We've got lots of fantastic news at Volunteer Global, so let's get started!
We now have direct sign-ups for volunteer and intern abroad programs! Whereas before we were only able to invite you along on staff trips (like our upcoming Jamaica one, or the Washington, D.C. trip this April), or at least give you a jumping off point for other awesome groups you can volunteer with, we are so excited to announce that we've built some amazing partnerships throughout Central America--and you now have the opportunity to sign up directly for volunteer abroad programs in Belize (with a sister program in Mexico) and Nicaragua.
When you volunteer directly with us on any of these three programs, you'll get:
- Pre-departure interview
- Volunteer Handbook
- 24/7 U.S.-based staff support
- Training and guidance from our partners in Nicaragua and Belize
- Post-trip thank-you packet
- Newsletters and updates about your project long after you've returned home
Our programs range from $169 per week to $1,019 for six weeks, with almost all of the program fee being given directly to our host-country partners to further the work they and their volunteers are doing in their communities. You're welcome to stay longer too!
Learn more and get started here!
Best Posts This Week
In addition to our new partnerships, we published some great content that you shouldn't pass up--take a look!
- On Tuesday, Brittany talked about the three goals of Peace Corps, and how to use those ideals for your own volunteer abroad experience. While there aren't really any true alternatives to Peace Corps (it's a one-of-a-kind thing!), you can absolutely travel in the same spirit--by volunteering abroad, by teaching others about your home country, and then by teaching your home country about others.
- We also highlighted The Humanity Exchange, a volunteer group working in Latin America and Africa--check out our 60 Seconds To Serve video!
- And finally, Brittany told you all about the awesome and scary truths of gap years--she should know, as she's right in the middle of hers!